Give Birth!

POV Ice

Today my master went to work and left me a lot of food and water. I was grateful to him, because there was no one to feed and drink me while he was not at home. Yes, unfortunately, my mistress, Hiyori, was no longer with me...

...

...

...

...

...

...

She was in the hospital due to an imminent delivery, so she needed to be there. I was left alone for most of the day until my master, Kiyotaka, came home from work.

To be honest, it was pretty boring at home without them. Usually I could spend my time with Hiyori, play with her, purr next to her, meow next to her, lie on her chest, ask her to stroke me and all that sort of thing. She would say that I am super cute and the best cat in this world. But, unfortunately, this is not possible now.

In any case, I could, as usual, jump around the house, bask in the sun and eat. It was enough for the most ordinary cat, but I wasn't like that. I'm still the best cat in the world, especially since I'm very used to people, so I get bored without communicating with a person.

How can you even live alone? The other cats who like it are so weird. Anyway, while I was thinking about it, my tongue was very willing to grab juicy pieces of meat from the bowl. How delicious it is!! Fortunately, the delicious food helped me forget about the sad for a while.

POV Kiyotaka

I was in a hurry right now. My legs were moving at a fairly fast speed, trying to give my body the ability to move very fast. I really rarely ran 100%, but today was exactly that day.

A couple of days ago, Hiyori went to the hospital to give birth there. Up to this point, everything was fine, but suddenly I received a call from a health worker that my wife was giving birth right now.

Do you understand how it was? When I heard about this at work, my body suddenly stopped and my mind shut down. I even asked the health worker to repeat this statement. And only after he said it again, I immediately rushed here.

I didn't have a private car, so I had to use public transport first, and then intercity. I had been on the road for several hours, but it felt like many years had passed.

I heard girls are very painfully going through their first childbirth, so my heart was beating very restlessly at the thought that something might happen to Hiyori. I really tried to get there as quickly as possible because I was very worried about her.

But at the same time, I had a certain calmness in my soul. You know, we've been waiting for this moment for so long. Hiyori and I have really been preparing for becoming parents for a long time. We have studied a lot of manuals on this topic, asked various questions from Internet sensei and also turned to Hiyori's parents for advice.

We can say that we have mastered the theoretical part, but this did not mean that in practice we will succeed. In any case, we will not give up, we can only go forward and hope for the best.

The seconds, minutes, and hours of that time were involuntarily and constantly counting down in my head while I was trying to get to the right place. My running was so fast that I really almost knocked down other people passing next to me, but unfortunately I couldn't follow it. Right now I wanted only one thing–I had to get to my wife, who is having such a hard time.

The sun was slowly sinking below the horizon, allowing the world to see such beautiful orange-golden rays. This only meant that I had already spent enough time traveling to this place, but still my efforts paid off because in the end I got to the right place.