Sleep is very important to me

So, I've almost finished writing a new love story about a cat and a human. The surprise was that the cat suddenly became neko, and then fell in love with the student. However, I still don't know which end is worth making. Should the end be sad and dramatic or romantic and joyful?

Anyway, I'm so proud of myself that I'm ready to sleep right now. Yes, sleep is a very important part of the life of every living intelligent being. For example, I usually sleep with Kiyotaka in my arms, but this does not mean that I cannot take a nap from time to time for a couple of hours while he is not at home. Especially lately I want to sleep more and more often.

- Uh, ah, I'm so tired.

I stretched and stretched my arms and back, then got up from the chair, closed the laptop and moved towards the corridor. On the way to the corridor, I was met by my cat, who began to meow and purr because I appeared next to her. I didn't even hesitate, after which I picked her up and carried her to another room, where our big bed was.

When a soft bed caught my eye, I could no longer restrain myself, which is why, with a cat in my arms, I jumped into such a soft bed and immediately wrapped the blanket from my feet to my shoulders. My cat, which I had to let out of my arms, started walking on the blanket, gently stepping on my body parts.

- Ice, let's sleep together? I know you like to sleep, so come on. We'll sleep together for a few hours.

- Meow.

I stretched out my arms to her, again inviting my beloved cat into my arms, but she just meowed and continued to walk over my body, as if giving me a massage.

In the end, I realized that it was useless, so I just had to close my eyes and enjoy what my cat was doing. Unlike me, Ice didn't want to sleep at all. When she realized that I was no longer reacting to anything, she immediately jumped off my body and came to my face. I could feel her quick breathing, her cute little nose and those cat whiskers touching my face, tickling it.

- Meow.

She meowed and started licking my face like I was something delicious. I know that Kiyotaka used to often call me candy and say that I'm as sweet as a sugar cube, but that doesn't mean that I really should be licked like that.

"Ice, hehe, let's get some sleep.

- Meow.

I was pleased with her actions, but I couldn't sleep because of it. My girl continued to lick my face, constantly moving from the nose to the cheeks, and from them to the forehead, and so on in a circle. It was nice, but I'm so tired.

- Meow.

– Well, what do you want so much, my little fluffy prankster?

I opened one eye and looked at my fluffy white cat, who finally stopped licking me, as if I was her kitten. She wagged her tail to the side, twirled around her axis and finally sat down in place, starting to meow.

- Meow!

No, if you ask me, I will say that I have no idea what these gestures are supposed to mean. I can only sort through the options and find the right one.

– So, if you don't want to sleep, then... what do you want?

- Meow.

No, it won't help at all. I have to ask her directly, otherwise I won't get an answer. Eh, why didn't nature give me the ability to understand cat language? It would be so easy to live if I could talk to my beloved cat. I wonder if I was a cat myself, maybe Kiyotaka would love me even more??

- Maybe you want to play?

- Meow?

Well, it's good that there isn't. In any case, I'm already tired and not in the mood for games. I would like to just lie down now, rest and fall asleep. Am I asking too much?

– Do you want to eat?

Well, I was right this time. She suddenly snuggled up to me and purred. These lovely sounds that came from the depths of her body calmed me better than anything in the world, so I even closed my eyes and was ready to finally fall asleep...

- MEOW!!!

A sudden sound woke me up and I immediately jumped on the spot because of it. What was that??? I looked at my cat, who was next to me, and realized that the sound was very similar to her meowing. But why did Ice wake me up this way?? It was pretty rude, because I just wanted to sleep.

- ...Yes, Ice, what do you want?

- Meow?

We stared at each other in confusion for a while. Her beautiful brown eyes scanned my face as if I was drunk, but I wasn't. In fact, the only thing that intoxicates me right now is the opportunity to sleep.

"...Oh yeah, you wanted to eat.

- Meow!

Somehow I had already forgotten that my girl wanted to eat. Uh, yeah, right. I'm going to pour her some food and pour her some water. With this decision made, I got out of bed and wriggled out of the warm blanket. Eh, bed-chan, don't worry, I'll be back in your arms soon. As soon as I made a promise to my bed-chan, I immediately went towards the kitchen to feed my beloved and beloved cat.

- Meow.

She was already next to the bowl, where juicy pieces of meat would soon be. I quickly gave her food and also poured some water so that no one would complain. After that, I headed towards the bedroom, but suddenly I heard my phone ringing. It was a melody that I only put on a call from one special person.

I immediately went into the living room and found my phone on the couch. It didn't take me long to take the call.

- Yes, Kiyotaka?

- Hi, Hiyori. How are you?

His voice, as always, was pleasant and calm for me. Of course, talking to him face to face was even more pleasant, but for now it will do. That's when he comes home, then I can enjoy my time with him.

- Me? To be honest, I would go to bed now for a couple of hours. And how are you?

– I'm fine, I'm working. I decided to call to find out how you feel.

– You make it sound like I should feel bad."

- No, I'm just a little worried?

Even though he said that, his voice was absolutely calm. Well, it can be called his own trait, which gives him some maturity, which was especially noticeable in high school and university.

– Should there be a reason for that?

– The fact that I love you is not the reason?

My heart started pounding a little faster after these words, and a feeling of intense warmth appeared in my chest. I always felt that way after he said he loved me. After all, I also love him.

– Eh?? Kiyotaka, don't say such embarrassing things when you're so far away. I can't even hug you if you're not at home right now.

- I'm sorry, when I get home, I'll say it again.

– I'm looking forward to it.

I felt so good at heart. I just couldn't wait for this moment. I literally started imagining this moment in my head a few hours later, that an involuntary smile appeared on my face.

- So, you wanted to sleep, right? Sorry to distract you from this.

- It's okay. See you soon, Kiyotaka. Love you.

- Yes, I love you too.

My heart was still pounding so pleasantly that I couldn't restrain myself. I even wanted to dance, despite the fact that not so long ago I was ready to sleep anywhere and in any way. Anyway, the phone call between us was over, so I put the phone back on the sofa and headed towards the bedroom to finally take a nap for a couple of hours.