Silence

My steps were tired and exhausted. In order to move forward, I had to use all my willpower. Today was the day I had to work overtime. I'm exhausted, I'm tired, and the sun has already gone below the horizon. Hiyori is probably already asleep.

I cautiously approached the house where we live, went inside, opened the door and closed it behind me. The hallway was dark and quiet. I also had to be quiet and careful in such an environment so as not to disturb anyone.

I slowly and carefully took off my shoes and all my outerwear. I put my things away from the entrance on a chair. Tomorrow is the day off, so I'm just going to get to bed and go to bed right now.

I also went to the bathroom on the way and washed my hands, after which I tried to get to the bedroom with quiet and slow steps. It seemed that at such moments, when you try to be quieter than water and rounder than the moon, you turn out to be louder than usual.

The floor creaked treacherously under every second step I took, but I successfully made my way to the bedroom and slowly opened the door. There I noticed that the table lamp was turned on and I managed to see someone in this weak light.

A beautiful girl with long silver hair and kind purple eyes sat on the edge of the bed and rocked a small child in her arms. It looks like Hikari woke up again and didn't give my wife a chance to rest. Hiyori looked at me with her gentle gaze.

- Hi~, Kiyotaka.

Her voice was quiet, but she was smiling at me. The little girl in her arms, who wasn't even a year old yet, pulled her tiny hands in my direction.

– Hi, Hiyori.

Was it because she just reacted to the sound when I came here, or did she really want to touch me? Children are inherently weak and defenseless creatures, and the human child is even more defenseless than everyone else. Even though I had such thoughts in my head, it didn't mean that I didn't love my child.

I cautiously approached the two girls who live in this house and stretched out my hand in the direction of the baby. Her little hands were just enough to wrap around my index finger, but that was enough for her. She started making sounds more like she was surprised or interested in something than upset.

–She's glad you're back.

Hiyori explained it to me as if I didn't understand the obvious. In fact, I could have said that it was, but I could hardly believe it. At least now I knew that not only my wife and cat were waiting for me here, but also my daughter. Probably, this truth would have been accepted by any parent in my place, but for me personally it was not so easy.

The little girl for some reason continued to wrap her hands around my finger, as if it was something right, right? In any case, I carefully bent down and stretched out my other hand towards our daughter. My wife immediately realized what I was going to do, so she carefully handed Hikari over to me.

–She couldn't sleep until you came back.

It was a little strange, considering that previously she usually slept during the day while I was at work. Although, it's worth saying that it was really the first time I worked overtime with her. Is she used to the fact that I usually come home? Perhaps children are more sensitive to everything that is happening around them than I thought earlier. I should study this question better.

– I understand.

- Aayuu...

Hikari, being in my arms, made a strange sound and pressed against my hand, as if it was something very important. Well, actually, without my right hand I wouldn't be able to do many things, so it was really an important part of my body.

In any case, I began to slowly and gently rock this girl in my arms, trying to repeat the trick that Hiyori taught me. I wasn't good at this kind of thing, but I tried.

Hiyori, in time with my swaying, began to quietly sing some melody that was unfamiliar to me. But I could tell it worked great, as our daughter's light brown eyes were slowly closing. It was clear that very soon she would definitely fall asleep, so I did not stop my lulling process for a second.

It took some more time before our girl closed her eyes and stopped making various sounds. She became very quiet, as she was finally lucky enough to fall asleep. I wonder if this is what they call a good childhood?

For some reason, I began to envy my own daughter. I would also like to have such a childhood...

– Is something wrong?

Hiyori spoke very quietly, trying not to wake the girl who had just fallen asleep. I just shook my head in different directions, supposedly saying that everything was fine. In fact, everything is really fine, because everything is fine now. I could say that my daughter clearly has a better childhood than my own, but that's also good. I wouldn't want her to experience the same as I once did.

In the end, we carried our girl to her room, where I gently put her to bed. Ice also slept there, as if she wanted to be near our daughter all the time. Is it some kind of maternal instinct?

In any case, we left them further in the world of dreams and returned to our bedroom. Hiyori sat down on the bed, after which I sat next to her. She gently put her head on my shoulder and hugged my hand as if it were a stuffed toy.

- Are you hungry?

– No, I would just like to rest.

To be honest, I was really hungry, but I didn't want to bother my beloved wife with something so unimportant. I could eat tomorrow, but today it's better for us to just sleep. Hiyori was tired too. Let her stay at home, but she also has a lot to do, especially Hikari requires a lot of attention, so my wife has a hard time here alone.

- Maybe you want me to take you a bath?

- No, it's alright. Let's just get some sleep?

Hiyori apparently understood that I was very tired, so she was ready to overpower herself and do something for me. But I didn't want to make her tense up at the end of the day. We'd rather spend tomorrow's weekend together and get some rest.

– Okay.

Hiyori slowly let go of my hand and got out of bed, after which she slowly began to take off her home clothes. She undressed quickly enough, taking off everything except her underwear, after which my wife folded all the clothes on the nightstand to leave it all for tomorrow. I also took off my clothes as quickly as possible and put them next to Hiyori's clothes. She also took off her purple bra, freeing her lovely breasts. Still, she didn't like sleeping in a bra, she said it was really uncomfortable. In any case, I didn't mind.

We lay down on the bed next to each other, covered ourselves with a blanket and fell asleep quickly enough. Tomorrow will not be an easy day for us.