New Year's preparation

– Meow.

– Yes, Ice, I know. It beautiful

Now I was finishing decorating the Christmas tree for the New Year. In general, this is not an easy task, especially considering that this spruce tree itself is tall enough for one room of our house.

Moreover, the New Year is already tomorrow! You probably think that I'm such a fool that I forgot about it? Ha! No, it's Kiyotaka who bought us a Christmas tree so late that we have to dress it up in such a short time.

Although at the same time, I'm glad, because Kiyotaka actually bought a Christmas tree for our family. I mean, we used to celebrate the New Year without it. Of course, whether this tree is in our house or not, it doesn't mean too much, but it's still better when you can meet at least some standards of celebration.

– Meow.

Ice was jumping around me, as if trying to either help me or hinder me, but I wasn't too distracted by her. In the end, I have to finish preparing for the holiday, and only then I will think about everything good or not so good. Although, of course, I hope everything will be fine.

But it was not too easy to continue doing this, considering that I heard something that reminded me of my child. The sound came from another room, but even from here I could hear it clearly, so I immediately went to my Hikari. Ice seems to have decided to accompany me, as she walked with me towards our baby's room.

She, my little star, finally woke up after a few hours of quiet sleep. Hikari was just swinging her little arms and legs from side to side. Perhaps she wanted to pay more attention to her movements, but she still only managed to lie on a soft cot.

– Meow.

– Mauw?

– Meow?

– Mauw!

Ice jumped onto our little girl's crib without any problems and lay down next to her. Hikari didn't even try to restrain herself and immediately hugged the white fluffy cat, as if she was a soft toy for her.

I just watched all this and was glad that everything is so quiet and peaceful in this house now. To be honest, in such a short period of time, I already managed to start worrying that my girl would cry now and have to be calmed down, but, thank all the Gods, everything is fine.

– Aauuu!

– Mm?

Suddenly she stopped hugging our cat and looked straight at me. Her beautiful brown eyes met mine, after which Hikari herself reached out to me, as if I were a ray of light for her.

– Mo-m-my..!

– Oh??

I... I didn't mishear just now, did I? Did I really hear something from my girl? Has this moment really come??! That is, the hours I spent on the so-called "training" were not in vain!

– Mommy!

– Yes!

I really heard it! It's true! Wow, this is very amazing!! Kiyotaka! I have to call him and tell about it too!

– Momyy

– Oh, yeah, that's right.

But first I should have answered my girl's requests. She stretched out her little hands to me and no longer hugged our cat. Right now Hikari was definitely showing by her actions that she needed me. Of course, as a good mother, I cannot ignore such a frank request from my own child.

That's why I carefully picked up my one and only daughter. She grabbed the collar of my T-shirt tightly with her fingers and, it seems, did not intend to let go of this part of the fabric. But I didn't mind, I also didn't want to distance my girl from me, that's why I hugged her to my own chest and went into the living room with her.

– Auum..

She was very glad that I was next to her and holding her in my arms, so it wasn't even difficult for her to poke her fingers into my cheek. God, she looks so much like my grandmother in that. Is it really generation's traditional part of family? I hope not.

But still, we quickly got to the living room, where at first, out of habit, I was going to take Christmas tree toys out of the box and then hang them on the branches of the tree, but I almost immediately managed to realize that my girl was with me now. That's why I had to put off the idea of finishing decorating the Christmas tree for now.

– Aauuw...

– Look, Hikari, it's a Christmas tree. It grows at our house for the New Year. You love the New Year, don't you, dear?

– Momyme..!

– I hope that means yes.

To be honest, she probably didn't answer my question at all, but I could tell for sure that the Christmas tree, which we usually didn't have at home, interested her. Hikari was looking at this New Year tree without taking her eyes off, just like me. Although, in fact, from time to time I looked at my sweet daughter, who seemed to be very happy that we have a Christmas tree.

But suddenly I felt how Hikari began to rub against me slightly, I was her pillow, on which she had to first find a soft place, and then she could sleep without a twinge of conscience. After testing my collarbones first, and then my shoulders, she stopped at my chest. Clinging to my chest, Hikari began to quietly parody the meowing of our cat.

Trying not to disturb her, I carefully sat down on the sofa, and then took a semi-recumbent position on it so that Hikari felt more comfortable lying on my chest.

– Mom-my.. mommy... mauw...

But at the same time, I was waiting for Kiyotaka, who definitely needs to know about what happened today. God, when he gets back from work, I'll tell him everything!