Cake

Today was October 30th. Our daughter's birthday. It's been a whole year since she was born. Although it seems to me that only a month has passed at most. It's really been a difficult year, but my husband and I have done a great job.

By the way, I was holding my beloved baby in my arms right now. She was looking with interest at the burning flame of a candle standing in a small cake.

It was a delicious strawberry cake that I would like to try. Kiyotaka said that he would also like to taste this delicacy with me.

I would also like to offer at least a small piece of this cake to our girl, but I don't think that's a good idea. It is better not to load her young body with such delicious, but still not very useful things.

– Aaaw!

Hikari reached for the burning flame that attracted her attention, but I didn't give her a chance to get close to this flame. Even if a burning fire is really able to fascinate your eyes, it is still a very dangerous phenomenon.

I was just gently keeping my daughter out of any possible danger. But, after all, it was her first birthday, which we are celebrating now. Kiyotaka even took a day off today for the sake of our daughter.

He said it wouldn't affect his position at work in any way, so there shouldn't be any problems, but I still tried to persuade him not to do it. Although in the end I am very glad that he stayed at home today, and we can celebrate Hikari's birthday with the whole family.

– I'm back.

Kiyotaka also came from the street now, holding several boxes in his hands. One or two were definitely from my parents, who could not come today due to heavy traffic jams. But they sent us these gifts by mail, which still pleased me. That's just why my husband has almost ten boxes on his hands???

– Can I help you??

I was already trying to get up to help my beloved husband, but he quickly put all the boxes in the corner of the room and straightened his back, pretending to be an old man.

- Don't worry, it's all right.

It looks like he managed without my help after all. And how did he manage to carry so many boxes of different sizes at the same time? Of course, I know that Kiyotaka is strong, but...

– Baka, I wanted to help you.

– Yes, I love you too, honey.

He completely ignored my words. I even imperceptibly puffed out my cheeks because of all this. My husband is so unapproachable when he needs explicit help! Why can't he just ask me to give him some support?? I just want to help...

– Auuwa!!

My daughter, being in my arms, started poking her little fingers into my cheek. I think she thought it was funny how I puffed out my cheeks out of indignation. Well, at least someone among us is smiling from this situation. I hugged this little embodiment of happiness and kept her warm with me.

In fact, that my husband, that our daughter, they are so lucky. They have birthdays right before Halloween. And my birthday won't be until the end of January. I'm very jealous.

– See, while you're sulking, Hikari is having fun.

Kiyotaka sat down next to me and gently kissed me on the cheek. His lips only touched my cheek for a second, but I felt a very strong rush of warmth both during this kiss and after.

– Uuaa!

Now Hikari started pulling her little hands towards her father. Kiyotaka took over our daughter from me without any problems, and now he was holding her in his arms. I felt a smell that I didn't want to feel.