My wife is a little excited

Hiyori and I were walking down the street holding hands. She smiled sweetly as she walked beside me and hummed a song to herself. Well, unlike her, I admired the snow around us and watched with pleasure how this same snow also falls from the sky, lies on the ground and creates snowdrifts. Have you ever thought that little snowflakes are really beautiful if you take them separately. I would like to have snow at home, it's a pity, but it's impossible.

Although I could name my cat not Ice, but Snow. Damn, it seems to me that I really made a mistake. Yes, because then I would have a walking, purring, living, soft and warm snow in my house. Well, that would be fine. Unfortunately, I have already missed this opportunity.

- Kiyotaka...

- Hmm? Is something wrong, Hiyori?

- Kiyotaka, let's go to that store over there??

She pointed with her hand to one of the shops closest to us, on the windows of which various soft toys were placed. I wasn't sure what she wanted to buy there, but there was no point resisting her desire. After all, if Hiyori wants to go to the store, then I have nothing against it.

We went inside a small building and noticed that there were already buyers who had come before us. Well, standing in line is not a problem for us, but we still need to choose something. I turned to Hiyori to ask her what she wanted to buy here, but found that she herself was no longer there. God, I've lost Hiyori! Where did she go?

- Kiyotaka, what do you think?

I almost panicked until Hiyori suddenly ran up to me with a stuffed toy in her hands. It was a big brown bear cub that she was holding in her arms. I wanted to remember such a cute picture forever while Hiyori was around.

– What do I think? Do you want to buy this bear? Isn't our cat enough for you?

She plays with our cat so often that she doesn't need any other soft toys. But on the other hand, the monotony of playing only with a cat could bother Hiyori, so she is looking for a new soft toy.

- Ice is very cute, soft and fluffy, I'm not going to buy a bear to replace her. I was thinking of buying it for my parents as a wedding anniversary gift.

That's it. Now I understand the situation. That is, my sweet wife thought it was a good idea to buy a stuffed toy as a gift to her parents. To tell the truth, I have no idea what is usually given for a wedding anniversary, but it seems to me that this is definitely not a bear.

–So what do you think, Kiyotaka?"

- Well, it's definitely a cute gift and your parents will definitely like it, but I'm not sure that this is what we should give.

–Is that so?"

- Well, I'm not judging your choice in any way. Just let's look at other options first, and then decide?

– Fine.

Hiyori puffed out her cheeks slightly, but didn't put the bear back in place. Perhaps she wanted to hold the soft toy in her hands for a little longer, or she really wanted to buy this bear. I think it's cute in its own way.

We started going around the store looking for the perfect gift, but we never found it. Of course, there were not only soft toys, but the cute bear in the hands of my cute Hiyori now seemed to me the perfect option. I looked back at my wife to tell her we were going to buy this stuffed animal, but I noticed something.

She's gone somewhere again...

She was right behind me just a second ago. Where did Hiyori manage to go? God, I'm just a terrible husband, because I can't keep track of my wife, even when she's next to me. Should I call her? No, this way I can attract unnecessary attention to myself. I'd better look for her without making a lot of noise.

When I finally came to this plan, Hiyori suddenly appeared in front of me, holding a stuffed dinosaur toy in her hands. I wonder why she needs another Tyrannosaurus if she already has me?

- Kiyotaka, look what a cute little dinosaur. Let's buy it?

– What about the bear cub?

- The dinosaur is better!

Hiyori seems to have changed her mind. Well, it's her choice, so I won't complain. We went to the checkout and paid for a stuffed dinosaur toy, after which Hiyori began to carry it all the way home. I felt a little uncomfortable when other people threw strange looks at me. Perhaps they did it because my wife was carrying such a big stuffed toy, and I didn't help her. Well, she wanted it herself, so I didn't argue.

- Kiyotaka-Kiyotaka, look! The dinosaur growls. RRRAAAAAAWWWRRR!!!

Hiyori seemed to be having fun playing with this toy right on the street. There was a lovely smile on her face, and her eyes were shining with happiness. Well, I can't blame her for that, because she's so happy right now. However, Hiyori is acting just like a child at the moment.

"Yes, Hiyori, that's how dinosaurs usually growl.

- Right, yes, I agree. Um, we should keep this dinosaur for ourselves.

Suddenly she changed her plans and decided to keep the dinosaur toy for herself. For what reason did she want this? I thought we were going to give the dinosaur to her parents. Of course, a dinosaur toy would be a strange gift, but it would still be a gift.

–Didn't you want to give it to your parents for their wedding anniversary?"

- Um, yes, I wanted to, but suddenly I remembered that their wedding anniversary is in a few months, so we will still have time.

- Suddenly remembered? What were you thinking about before that?

I really couldn't understand my wife right now. She was acting a little unusual and seemed somewhat agitated. Something's not right here.

I... I was thinking that... I mean, it seemed to me that their wedding anniversary would be a little earlier.

–...I see.

For some reason, I have a bad feeling about this.

We returned home, took off our street clothes and went into the living room, where we were immediately greeted by our beloved cat. Ice sat down right in front of us, looking in surprise at the dinosaur in Hiyori's hands.

- Meow?

- Look, Ice, we bought this dinosaur for our girl... I mean, for myself!

Suddenly Hiyori started talking about something I didn't understand. What did she mean in the first case, before she said the last part? Did she buy this dinosaur for Ice? No, it's something else.

- Meow.

Ice, unlike me, meowed understandingly, as if she understood everything, after which she deftly jumped into my arms so that I could stroke her. At the same time, Hiyori carried this stuffed toy to the other end of the room, after which she hid it in the closet. But why?

- So, the dinosaur will be safe here. It will be useful to us in just a few years.

- In a few years?

What did she mean by that? Why will we need this toy only in a few years? Who did Hiyori really want to buy this dinosaur for?

- Ah??!! Oh, I meant... I need to go to the bathroom!

Hiyori ran to the bathroom with the speed of a bullet, and Ice started purring in my arms, trying to distract me from important thoughts. Well, so be it, I'll forget about all this for now, but one day I'll have to ask Hiyori about what she's up to.