Caring for a loved one

So it was Monday. They say that this day is quite difficult, since the working week begins with it. Many people today do not want to go to work or study even more than on any other day. But I usually didn't care about such things. No, it would be more accurate to say that even now I don't care about that.

That's just today I wasn't at work and I wasn't even in a hurry to get there now with a delay. The thing was that I had to stay at home that day. I had a reason that made me call work and arrange everything with my superiors.

– Hiyori, how are you feeling?

– You asked that a couple of minutes ago...

I was looking after my one and only wife, who was now lying on the bed and resting. Her cheeks were somewhat red, and her breathing was more frequent than usual. From time to time I wiped her hot forehead with a damp cool cloth.

My Hiyori got sick last night and has been lying in bed since this morning without getting up. Of course, I wouldn't say that everything is bad, but still the situation is worse than if my wife was healthy.

– Kiyotaka...

– I'm listening to you, my sweet.

– I'm not a little girl...

– Hm...

If you evaluate my wife by her age, then everything is true, but still she is shorter than me, her breasts are not so big, and there are many other factors that give out childish joys in her character. Perhaps I could say that in general she looks very much like a teenage girl.

– Why such thoughtfulness..?! Khe-khe... ahem...

I stroked Hiyori's silky silver hair while she was a little displeased with me. But I was willing to be the object of her displeasure if it would make her feel better. Although, to be honest, if she's unhappy, it's not so good.

– I'm fine, Kiyotaka. Since you're at home, you'd better look after Hikari.

– I checked recently, she's still sleeping.

– And if she's already awake?

– You just want me to leave you alone?

– No... honestly, I like it when you're here with me, just...

Suddenly, she burst into a violent cough, so she could not continue to express her thought. I stroked her head and decided to use the cloth soaked in cool water again.

Hiyori is so warm, I would even say hot, and now I don't like it. Unfortunately, at the moment it is better not to be so scalding, as it is very bad. She's not feeling too well.

– Kiyotaka... please hold my hand...

She wants me to be around, especially since she feels better this way, so I have no complaints in this regard. Hiyori is quite innocent and sweet, usually she doesn't need much to feel happy.

– Sure.

I took Hiyori by her warm palm, which she stuck out from under the blanket. Even so, I felt that my wife was really weak now because of her undermined health. I'd better make her something to eat.

– Maybe you want to eat something?

– ... No, thank you.

– Then how about some tea?

Of course, it would be much more rational to give her water, but she likes tea more, and I can't go against her wishes.

– Yeah, it would be good.

I let go of her soft, warm palm and quickly headed to the kitchen. I shouldn't have lingered with something like this, because after all, now the situation is getting a little more complicated. It's better to provide my beloved wife with the best care right now in the morning, because then I'll have to look after Hikari.