III

Niki

The moment I laid on my bed after dragging Sunoo out my room, I stared at my painting before letting out a smile I have been holding back ever since Sunoo praised me for that painting. I didn't know someone would really appreciate that. The thing is, even if a painting is beautiful, the artist's inspiration could be questioned or worse, laughed at. I remember how one of my art teacher asked me to get inspired by the reality of the world and not solely on made up stuff. She's the one who critiqued my painting of the nine tailed fox when I was a kid. I won't and will never forgive that woman.

For the first time, someone actually praised my painting without saying I'm too childish of my imagination. It felt great giving me the confidence to paint. I don't care if only Sunoo will appreciate my drawings, maybe this is one thing we can get along on.

I still don't like him. He's my freaking security guard.

___

Next morning came quick and I know I have to go to school now which sucks by the way. Ha I'm kidding, I just don't get along well with my peers. I washed up and change into my uniform and the moment I opened my bedroom door, I was met with a smiley Sunoo who is also in his uniform. He's so cute.

"Let's go. . we'll be late if you move so slow"

He waved the keys in my face making my good day ruined in an instant.

"Hey what's with that mask? You still wear that?"

"I won't remove this . . . let's go"

"You're serious? You really wear that everyday?"

"We're going or?"

"Ok ok your majesty"

I walked away and into the car as I wait for him and also to prepare myself for the non stop gossip about me again and now, I have an unfamiliar face with me. He might not be a convincing body guard but he's still bound to be around me all day.

People in my school really don't know how to care their own business. I mean, they just love to mess with anyone.

I entered the car and the moment Sunoo started to drive, my heart is beating fast.

It's aright Niki, you're used to this already. just don't mind them.

You know how the elders say that ignoring those who tease you will make them tired and they gave up? Well that's not true because the more I don't give a shit about them, the more they want to mess with me.

"hey don't be nervous, you have me for a reason"

"Having you with me is the more reason I'm nervous"

"Wow, what a nice reply. . I want to clap so bad but my hands are occupied"

He rolled his eyes and I wonder when will he ever ran out of answers. Every time, he always have something to say that the only thing I can do now to shut him up is to shut up myself.

When we reached the school, he parked the car before I got out. Good thing no one saw Sunoo step out of the driver's seat.

"So what's the first subject and what room is it at?"

I just made him follow me as we walk towards the building and then the dreaded hallways, indeed it is dreaded for me because the moment I began walking, someone already spoke about me.

"Hey look, Mr. Privileged here have a friend with him"

The other students began to look at us as I just walk pass them. I just hope Sunoo is following me as I am walking pretty fast. I hate this, my chest is getting tighter and I'm scared I might have an attack right here.