XI

Ni-Ki

I smiled when I woke up to a very familiar feeling of weight on my arm. Last night, I really am about to go to bed but I can't sleep, so I went to check on Sunoo to see if I can sleep in his bed but when I entered his room, he's not there.

I laid on his bed and the feeling of comfort immediately engulfed me as his scent is all over his pillows. I wanted to wait for him tho, but I fell asleep even before he came back.

I felt him climb on his bed tho so I just pulled him towards me because I feel like I'll have a good night sleep if  I do this.

I opened my eyes and he's still sleeping like a log. A sigh of relief left my lips when I recalled the nightmare I had last night. It was a horrible nightmare. In my dream, Sunoo was packing his things and not saying anything. He just said he's leaving and I couldn't do anything to stop him. I called him and I tried to hold him back but he just look at me and left without looking back.

I slowly left the bed as I left to my room. I am about to enter my room, I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turn, I saw my sister with a huge grin on her face. Why is she ready Already?

"Why are you up so early?"

"Congratulations on the audition!! I know that's not your plan but congrats tho. You did great"

"You should just let me do that before"

"It's not my fault you know. I am just . . dad told me not to. He's scared for you"

"I'll be careful. . I don't wanna die early you know. . . especially now"

"Kim Sunoo?"

"What about him?"

"Well, I can tell. . I'll be going, I still want to see your name on the top list. . bye"

"Yah noona what about Sunoo?"

She just flipped her hair as she went downstairs with the biggest smile on her face. I've never seen her smile like that for a decade.

Anyways, I entered my room and washed up because in any moment, Sunoo will be knocking on my door for us to leave. I want to be the one to knock on his door someday, to drive him anywhere too.

Someday, I want to protect him too like he did to me that day he saved me from those people.

I really need to shape up too. My asthma won't hinder me to do things like that right? I can learn how to drive, get a license and buy a car. I can also ask Sunoo to teach me some self defense.

After I fixed myself, I walked out my room and into Sunoo's room. Good, I'm earlier than him.

I knocked on the door and he opened with wide eyes making me smile.

"You're early"

"Of course, I had a good night sleep. Let's go. Noona said the results will be out now. I wanna see if I got in"

"Of course you'll get in . . . ."

I walk downstairs when I heard my name and when I look back, my stepmother was standing by the dining room door as she fidgets with her hand. She is smiling a lot tho, like noona earlier.

"Riki . . . are you going to school already? Won't you two eat breakfast?"

"Ah . . sure"

I'm feeling different now that she's speaking to me about something rather than calling me downstairs when I'm in trouble.

"your step mom might be overwhelmed with your mask not on your face. Did you forget it or did you purposely left it?"