Chapter 17

Riley's POV:

Everything has fallen into place, finally. 

Alec and I are on good terms, now that everything was explained, though that fact doesn't make it any less awkward. I just didn't know how to be with a man. I was tense as a stick.

Alec would just smile, looking at me sideways, enjoying my discomfort, that fucker.

I just don't know what I am supposed to do. Should I lay my hand on his thigh? Or maybe hold his hand? Would it be alright if I lay my head on his shoulder? Ugh! I had never been with a guy before and never before had a boyfriend, so this was new to me. But it shouldn't be rocket science, right? Right now, I am feeling pathetic, and Alec doesn't seem to have intentions to aid me.

Traitor.

So on our way back to the palace, my new home, I sat in silence with my hands on my lap in the passenger seat of the car. Alec is the one driving.

Maybe I just have to get used to that now I don't only live for myself, but for someone else now. Now I can't make certain decisions on my own, Alec must have a say on it. I mean, feminists would go ballistic, but I kinda understand the situation I am in. If my boyfriend... I mean, mate decides to go to party at a club with his male friends without telling me, I would be a little pissed, my insecurities taking the best of me. Or if he decides to go sky-diving. If something bad happens to him, not only he will be hurt, I will be hurt too, because he is my mate and I care about him.

Of course, I won't ask him before buying underwear, but of course, I won't bring home an alligator without informing him first because I wouldn't be living alone, there are other people that I should consider first.

Not that I'm considering buying an alligator of course.

I guess over time, I'll grow used to him. I'll grow more comfortable, and maybe, I'll be able to pee with the door open, though I don't think that's happening any time soon. I'm a private person, and shy away easily. I mean, if he decides to pee with the door open, so be it, I'll just probably laugh and mock him, but I don't think I would be able to do that without feeling the shame.

Is going to be strange to share a space with someone else, because I don't think Alec is going to let me sleep in separate rooms. I am a little messy, so I can picture our future arguments about why my underwear was hanging from the lamp.

Nah, I'm kidding. I am not THAT messy. I normally make a mountain of used clothes on my desk's chair and put them folded in the closet once the chair is about to give out. I supposed I can work on myself and try to put the clothes directly in the closet after taking them off, but, who the hell does that?!

I AM SO NOT MAKING ANY PROMISES TO ANYONE!

Hope that Alec, as my mate, learns to accept me, and instead of judging me, helps me to get better, and be better.

The more I ponder the idea of sharing a space with someone else, the more nervous I get. What if he snores? I would go crazy. And I am a little bit concerned, because I tend to move a lot in my sleep.

Restless feet syndrome is a real thing, okay?!

But for all the gods up there, I'm dying of anticipation to finally sleep in his bed, to make it also mine, bath his room with my scent, to bury my face in his clothes not having enough of his scent. And most of all, I can't wait to lay with him in bed, though it also makes me anxious. Will he want to mate right away??

Gosh, I need to breathe.

Alec's laugh brings me back to reality and I realize we already passed the palace principal gates.

"Love, you need to relax. This is your new home now, nothing to worry about" says bringing his big warm hand to my thigh and giving it a squeeze. I think I can die in peace now.

But I do worry. Not only for what I have already said, but because I'm scared of missing my family. I just got them back, and I'm already moving away. It breaks my heart. I want to spend time with my parents and my brothers, but I also want to spend time with Alec, to know him and his friends. I am so torn and full of guilt I feel like I am drowning already. But I'm not brave enough to confess this to Alec, which also pains me, because I know how bad he wants me to trust him, but is hard. All this time I had no one to count on, so I am used to counting only on me, so suddenly have more people that have my back, it just... baffles me. I feel like I'm going to break and fall into pieces any moment now.

I smile at him, not wanting Alec to worry about such little things, and thank the lycan guard that opened the car's door for me to step out. I walk around the front of the car to put my hand on the extended one of Alec who proceeds to guide me inside the palace. I was only carrying my handbag and Alec my suitcase that my father manage to bring from my Airbnb. That's the only thing I have with me and Alec was surprised.

I later explained to him that I came on a trip, and the rest of my stuff was stored back home in America. He told me that he will arrange for someone to bring the rest of my stuff to Russia, but meanwhile, I will be going shopping with the girls for more stuff that I might need. I tried to decline, but Alec insisted. Besides, Carmen and Rebecka got excited to go shopping with all expenses taken care of.

I ended up smiling at that. To be honest, I would always look at the price tag of the clothes and stuff, always going for the cheap and not for the pretty. I guess it would be nice a change, to buy anything I want and how I want it.

Hope I don't get too excited about Alec's credit card. Oops.

I leave my handbag on Alec's bed and look around, not really sure what I should do right now.

"Do you want me to run you a warm bath so you can relax? You look awfully tense" says Alec looking at me with his head tilted, looking at me expectantly.

I bite my lip, not sure how to respond to that.

"Riley" he then says walking toward me, putting his hands on my arms. "I know you are nervous and feeling awkward about all this, and is killing me not to know what to do to make it better for you"

I look up at him and I see the concern in his eyes and I hold my breath. I just couldn't believe this god of a man is really thinking about my well-being, that wants me to be happy. I smile, daring to wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel bad. It just... this is so new to me and I really don't know what to do. Maybe we could talk about it? Talk about where we stand, what is allowed?" I wonder, feeling stupid. Gosh, I must be the first girl that asks him to spell it out for her. "Is just... I have always been on my own, so... I don't really know how to be with somebody, to share a space..." I mumble expelling a breath.

Alec smiles slowly, looking at me like I was the most precious thing in the world.

He then proceeds to let out a breathy laugh.

"Aren't you the cutest thing in the world" he coos caressing my cheek.

I frown, ready to bite his hand off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We are not cute! We are feisty 🐯

🤣

Hello lovelies! How are you doing?

How are you liking the story so far?

Now im re-watching 'The Witcher' again cuz I don't remember what happened in the first season and I want to understand the season 2. Besides, I take every chance I get to drool over Henry Cavil🤪😍

Are you watching any series? Movie? Youtube etc? Share with me!

See you Thursday!😘