Chapter 53

RILEY'S POV:

When we arrived back in Russia, Ellie was going berserk on us and that's kind of our fault.

The thing is... we arrived one day and a half before the wedding, and she didn't appreciate our lack of preparation. But, what else was there to do? Everything was in order, I only have to wake up the day after tomorrow very early to get ready for the ceremony.

Ellie was very stressed asking where were we, and what were we thinking... I have to spend plenty of time trying to calm her down. Boy, I was starting to regret our little escapade, but not quite.

Alec and I decided we wanted to spend some days alone. We went to the closest city to do couple's stuff. We went on dates, ice skiing, went for a walk in the park, eat ice cream, watched a movie, among other stuff.

It was incredible and had a great time. It dawned on me that that was the first time we were alone as mates, without our family or pack. It felt strange but needed it. I mean, I love my pack, but I really wanted to be able to have loud sex whenever and wherever I wanted.

Now back in Russia, it feels like a bubble around me popped and was now back in reality. In less than two days I am getting married and... Didn't know how to feel. I mean, yes, I knew what I was feeling, I just didn't know how to put it into words, because I've never felt this happy and excited in my life. It was my first time experiencing this kind of love with a person and it just... feels warm and fuzzy.

***

"I have never seen her like that" comments Alec after we left his mother's office.

"Yeah... I feel kinda bad for all this" I reply after a silence. We were walking through the palace halls heading toward our wing. "I mean, we didn't do it out of malice. We just needed time for ourselves" I add.

Alec takes my hand in his and brings it to his lips to leave a kiss.

"I guess turning our phones off didn't help make the matter better"

Silence.

I stifle a chuckle but Alec lets a laugh escape, at least we were alone in the hallway.

"It doesn't matter. What's done it's done. I don't regret spending the weekend with you"

We lean at the same time for a kiss.

I sigh when Alec's lips leave mine. Kissing him still makes Kevin and the band go crazy in my stomach, just like the first time.

When we reached our wing, our pack could be heard bickering in the common room.

"You still have space!"

"Damn they are long"

"Not long enough!"

When we entered the room, we could see the girls cheering the boys who have many sausages in their mouths.

Alec and I burst out laughing at the scene.

"Damn guys! Didn't know you love wieners so much!"

"Riley! Alec!" the girls scream while the guys only choked.

They hugged us happy to be back but quickly turned when Carter tried to stand up, but fell on his hands in which resulted in him throwing up the weiners.

"Nooo!" Carmen yelled at the same time Rebecka yelled: "Yes!"

"Well, that's gross" I mutter seeing Carter wheezing after choking on the sausages.