Chapter 24

Alec's POV:

For unmated werewolves, life can become slow and boring without a mate, but it can be worse for a lycan, for they live longer.

I lived my fair share of two centuries and fourteen years, and despite having my friends with me, I felt alone, and it became worse when Carter and Felix found both their mates, and then I started wishing to have what they had, but I knew this kind of things take its time, you couldn't just rush it. There was a great possibility that my mate hadn't even been born yet.

And all that was setting me closer to the edge, along with my parents pressuring me to mate with Elena.

I guess you could say fate made its move at the right time at the right moment, because I didn't believe in coincidence.

If I hadn't returned to Russia to work for a week or so in my royal duties, I would still be in the Caribbean beaches of Mexico trying to fill the empty hole inside of me.

But now that I have found her, I'm going to cherish her, protect her and love her every single day of our lives. Riley was already my everything the second I laid eyes on her there in the woods, without even knowing her. I've been waiting for her for centuries now and now that she is here, I will enjoy my time with her and I'll make it my personal mission to make her happy and fulfill her life as she is doing to me.

Now, while dancing to the slow music, our bodies close to each other, I knew Riley has already warmed up to me and that fills me with joy in a way I didn't think possible. Crazy that anything your partner does makes you happy because you love her and everything about her is precious.

A diamond doesn't compare to her beauty.

I pull her away, ready to take her for that run she wanted. Honestly, I couldn't wait to run with her through the woods surrounded by snow and more snow. I have the feeling that this run with Riley and I will bring us together and we will end up fully bonded and I wanted that, I wanted everything with her.

When we arrive at the back of the palace, in front of the tree line, I start taking off my suit.

"What are you doing?!" Riley squeaks and I laugh at how red her cheeks turned. Her innocence just baffled me. I would have bet all guys in America would have tried to get into her pants, but something tells me, by the glimpses I have got from her, she would have scared them off.

"Don't worry, love. I just don't want to ruin the suit" I say only leaving my boxers brief on.

I notice how she tries to avoid staring too much, and I grin. Is going to be fun breaking her innocence and shyness.

"Right... I am just... uh..." bumbles pointing behind her at a tree. "...Yeah" she says finally and rushes to hide behind a tree.

She will never stop to amuse me.

I see how she carefully put the dress over a tree branch with her jewelry inside her heels. I love that of her, that she wasn't in for the money. I remember how she panicked when I gave her my credit card to go buy a new wardrobe. It seems she hates when someone buys her stuff or pays for her... Too bad, I'm really excited to give her everything to make her happy, though I know she doesn't need anything material to be happy, but every woman deserves to feel beautiful and worthy and even if they don't admit it, I know deep down women want to be spoiled.

But everything I buy her, won't come empty, instead, it will be filled with love. My love.

I come back from my thought by her wolf barking at me and I suck in a breath, I haven't gotten over how beautiful her white wolf is, one could even say that she could camouflage herself with the snow. And that black spot on her ear just makes her even more unique.

I crouch down and she comes closer rubbing her furry head against mine, she then proceeds to rub her body over my body, a clear show of affection, and also a way of marking territory, which made me and my lycan extremely proud. She was demonstrating that she accepted us.

Riley, when she feels it is enough, howls and then kick-off to the wood and I laugh mockingly. There was no way she would outrun me.

I stand up straight with no rush at all and crack my neck getting ready for the best chase of my life!

I shift into my lycan and start running sniffing the air, drooling for what I'm after.

At first, I get a clear sense of where she's been at, but at some point, I start looking around me, confused. I could smell her everywhere, and when I get to a point, her scent is faint. I smile to myself and laugh out loud for her to hear me.

Can't believe my own mate has played me.

If that's how you want to play, my love, game on.

I start running with no direction in particular but inside a certain radius I knew she would be -or well, hoping-. I do what she did, to confuse and distract her, so she won't see me coming.

When I've covered enough territory, I start circling the area, reducing that radius I thought she might be hiding in and after three rounds, her scent came back in full force. I grin with hunger and I go after my prey, and once I have her in my sight I speed up.

She instantly sensed me and started running, barking.

The love of my life was mocking me! For how long it took me to pinpoint her location. At first, I was very confident in myself, but I didn't know my beautiful mate had an ace under her sleeve.

Damn! How smart she is was such a turn-on!

I let out a grow and she howls, letting me know how much she was enjoying our chase.

I extend my arms, ready to pounce on her, but at the last second, she falls on her back, her belly exposed, and I have to jump to not step on her and ended up tripping, falling to the snow.

I hear her making noises as if laughing and I stand up in my human form facing her. She abruptly stops at the sight of my half-naked body. Now I'm the one laughing.

Before she gets the chance to run away again, I put my body on top of her wolf staring deeply into her eyes.

"Shift" I command with lust, my body buzzing with excitement.

She shifts, and in a second, I have my beautiful mate naked under me.

I will totally punish her for playing me, and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Yay!!! The moments has come finally? Are you excited?!😏

You thought they were gonna bang in the first meet. No señor!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Don't forget to comment and vote my loves💕