Chapter 45

I woke up early to go for a run around the territory. I put my headphones on so I wouldn't get bored and stop after the first five minutes.

My breathing became labored after the third hour. Who knew I could run for so long? I guess I never let myself know my resistance because I would always succumb to boredom and stop exercising before the hour was up. But now I have a motivation, a goal. I didn't want the people around me to think I was fat.

It kinda annoyed me because Alec told me that couldn't happen, but I guess he was just trying to be nice. I mean, I like the image in that the mirror reflected at me. I have a small thigh gap, though I guess my wide hips make me look bigger than I actually am. At least I have curves thanks to my hourglass figure. Though I have to be honest with myself, I could still pinch the skin of my stomach.

I walk back to the palace. Once I arrived the sun was high up.

I enter the bedroom, the sweat on my clothes is now dry but I still felt dirty. Alec was nowhere to be seen but I didn't think much of it. I make myself a bath for my aching muscles and lower down to the steaming water with a sigh, relieved that I got to relax after exercising with my raging thoughts.

I close my eyes and lay my head back. I try not to get bored in the bath doing absolutely nothing, but I think I dose off until I hear a growl close by. When I came to, the water was not warm anymore and there was a shadow leaning over me. I look up and see an angry mate.

"Alec" I mumble, still feeling a little bit disoriented.

"Where have you been, Riley?! I've been looking all over for you!"

I look at him confused while standing up and grabbing the extra shower head to clean my body from the bubbles.

Alec, still mad at me, handed me my towel, never forgetting to be a loving mate toward me.

"I left you a note saying I went out for a run." I defended myself while drying my body. It was kinda comical to see him fight himself to not ogle my naked wet body, but the tent in his pants said he was failing.

"At first I thought it was a joke!" he yells moving his arms in the air. "You would never wake up early and lose blessed sleep to exercise" Alec adds.

I turn around scowling at him.

"I should feel offended for that." I say scrunching my nose, displeased.

Alec's shoulders drop in defeat.

"You've been away for over four hours, love," he says walking toward me, his arms snaking around my waist, pushing my body only covered by a towel flush against him. "I was worried sick. Anything could have happened to you."

The concern in his eyes made me relax against him. I guess I wasn't fair to him by disappearing like that. Though Alec has been acting weird lately. He's being way more overprotective than usual and is kinda pissing me off. Now that I am a lycan, I can take care of myself. Besides, there was no longer a threat over my head.

"Sorry, it took me like an hour to get here walking and then I went straight for a bath" I explain kissing his chin, then his nose, then his cheeks and finally his lips.

"I just wish you have brought your phone with you"

"I'll do it next time" I smile at him. I kiss him again, not having enough of him.

I look at his face and it seems like he wants to say something.

"What is it?" I ask, a little bit concerned. After our fight about him keeping things to himself, he's been nothing but open and honest with me, so the fact that he was unsure of what he had in mind worried me.