Skylar's Anger

So first, before I begin this, I want to thank everyone so much for all the support.
I really didn't think this would get as much love as it did and I am so thankful for it all and I absolutely love all the comments you're all making.
Thank you so much.
Now, about this; I just watched the movie and I thought Skylar's reaction to Barbara and Strickler being engaged would be much appreciated, especially because her anger towards Strickler never ebbed away.
So, without further delay...

Barbara sat calmly with Skylar after she had arrived for the meeting, having been late due to the fact that she was half way across the world.
She and Draal had decided to finally come back to Arcadia after their much needed vacation together.
Skylar had immediately took notice of the ring and had asked Draal to give them a moment.
His snort never failed to put a smile on his face, even if he was a bit reluctant to leave her side.
"You two seem to have gotten closer." Her mother began, making the daughter nod.
"We have. He actually asked me to become his mate." I replied.
She smiled, seeing I was happy.
A frown subtly pulled at her features before looking away, twisting the new ring on her finger.
A new habit she had recently picked up.
"Skylar, I know how you feel about Walt after everything's he's done, but-"
"Mom." Skylar interrupted, catching the older womans attention.
A moment of silence as Skylar let out a breath before giving an easy smile.
"He makes you happy. That's all I ever wanted for you." She began, seeing her mother visibly relax.
"I can see how much you love each other. I would be an idiot to keep you both apart. I admit, my anger gets ahead of me at times and I owe you an apology." Skylar spoke softly, never breaking eye contact with her mother.
Barbara smiled kindly.
"You've changed so much." She stated, taking her daughter's hand.
"You can thank Draal. He's been... Amazing to me. And you deserve that too. I'm happy for you. The both of you." Skylar spoke.
Strickler then walked in after a moment.
A moment of silence as Skylar met his gaze.
He then cleared his throat a bit awkwardly.
"Did you... Did you tell her?" He asked.
Skylar stood up, making the former teacher nervous.
"She has." She stated simply.
A beat.
"And you..?" He asked, his wings fidgeting a bit.
"I approve of it." Skylar replied, giving a smile.
Strickler let out a breath.
"But..." Skylar began, her wings unveiling as she rushed at him, placing a blade to his throat.
"If you die, I'll bring you back to kill you. Got it?" She asked lowly, her eyes glowing red.
He swallowed thickly before nodding.
"I wouldn't expect anything less." He stated, attempting a careful smile before his gaze wandered over to Barbara.
"But I don't plan on it any time soon." He added.
Skylar nodded, her eyes returning to normal as the blade disappeared.
She folded her wings comfortably, smiling at Strickler before nodding to her mom.
"Well, I should get back to Draal." She stated, heading towards the door.
"Oh, I'm helping plan the wedding by the way." Skylar added, tossing her hand in the air.
Barbara laughed.
They waited a moment after Skylar disappeared behind the corner, hearing her squeak in surprise when Draal scooped her up.
Strickler looked to his new fiance.
"That went better then expected." He stated, causing Barbara to nod as she stared at the doorway.
"I didn't even get to ask her to be the maid of honor." She stated.
A beat.
"Do you think she'll call me her father?" Strickler then asked.
Barbara then met his gaze, trying to give him a reassuring smile without cringing.
"Let's not puch it." She stated.