22: It's About Time

We were waiting for Jim's command, hiding for the time being at Gatto's keep.
"And it's nacho day either. Now!" I heard Jim shout.
I went to go, but no one moved.
"He said now." I stated.
Claire then made a portal and we charged through.
We then all went into Gatto's mouth, immediately sifting through the treasure.
"I miss the simpler days of hunting gnomes." Toby stated, making me nod my head.
"Oh well, we've upgraded to upsetting Troll's stomachs." I replied with.
Jim was then thrown back, making a chest fly into the air and open.
The Kiarosect fell in his lap.
"What luck." I stated.
And well... You know what happens next...
I flew out of there as everyone started running.

When we got back to Troll market, Blinky tested out the Time thing.
"If you so much as touch me you're dead." I warned before he tried it a second time.
This made everyone freak out about it, though I stayed where I was.
That was until Blinky listed the three rules of the device.
"Just one thing." I said, walking forward.
"What is it?" Blinky asked.
"It doesn't affect me, why is that?" I asked.
"Well, as Nightwatcher, you are immune to a lot of things, for example, the powers you posses, give you invulnerability against those elements you weild. While some curses do work, not all of them do, the harmful ones usually. And this does not effect you either as you are the Nightwatcher, you watch over everything, time frozen or not." Blinky explained.
"Wait, so you let him do that to us?" Jim asked.
"He didn't touch me, so we're good. Plus, it was funny to see." I replied.

In the morning I had went to school, thinking Jim had left early as he didn't make breakfast.
Apparently Jim woke up late and we were talking at his locker.
Claire walked up to us, asking how we could trust Angor Rot.
"I have no reason to not trust him. He could have killed us yet he didn't. Besides we have a deal. Once he gets his ring and severs the connection, he will leave us alone." I stated a Jim walked off, answering his phone.
"I got it! You take the ring and wear it." Claire stated, obviously not listening.
"You're talking about betraying a troll assassin." Jim stated, against it.
"No. We're talking about controlling a troll assassin." Toby stated.
"Really not a good idea." I stated.
Jim was already being overwhelmed.
"Guys enough, one at a time." I ordered, though being completely drowned out by Bagwella, Steve, and Toby and Claire.
Jim then ran off, screaming.
"I told you, one at a time." I repeated.
After school, Jim started putting together a list of what needed to be done, holding the Kiarosect.
His phone started ringing again.
It sounded like Blinky from what I could tell.
Jim told us the problem and Claire ran into traffic, saying she was going to get the Shadow Staff from home.
"Claire, wait!" I shouted, seeing the on-coming truck.
Everything then froze as my wings appeared and I flew towards Claire, grabbing her and laying her down next to Toby.
I looked over to Jim, seeing him pressing the button.
"Alright, I'll get the ring, you take care of the test, the gnomes, and bookstacking. I'll also take care of Blinky. We'll then meet up to deliver the ring." I stated, setting a timer.
"Good plan." He stated, setting a timer as well.
I shot into the air and I flew towards the cafe Blinky was at as Jim got on his Vespa.
I grabbed Mom, putting her back in a chair and then grabbed Blinky.
Jim shot me a text, telling me Strickler was at the dentist.
I sent him a thumbs up.
I put a table cloth over him and then used my air ability to carry him.
I put him in Trollmarket, taking off the tablecloth and then flew out and over to the dentist, checking the time.
Twenty one minutes.
I sighed, sending Jim a text, asking how he was doing.
Catching gnomes.
Was all he sent back.
I flew into the dentists, bursting through the doors and walked over to Strickler.
I quickly took off the ring and then flew out, sending Jim another text.
Jim met me outside and he checked the time.
"Nine minutes to spare." He stated.
I sighed, giving him a high five.
"The Lake twins." I stated, handing him the ring.
"Give him the ring or control him." I heard him mutter.
He then put the ring on before I could stop him.
He quickly took it off.
"The Killstone, we can get it back. I know where to find him, let's go." He stated.
I nodded, shooting into the air and following him.