41: So I'm Dating a Sorceress & The Exorcism of Claire Nunez

Claire was back on her feet.
All the teachers were fine.
The students were... well, teenagers.
Jim and Claire were going on a double date with Toby and Darcy.
They then looked to me awkwardly.
"Oh, why don't you invite whoever gave you the necklace and we could go on a triple date?" Claire asked, making me look away.
"Um... we can't exactly do that... for a lot of reasons." I said, shrugging.
"Oh, why not?" Claire asked.
Jim then changed the subject.
"You have puzzles at home, or maybe you can paint with mom?" He suggested in a questioning tone.
I nodded.
"Yeah, I think I will." I replied, shrugging.
The bell then rang and I pulled up my headphones, walking to class.
"She's been... different lately." I heard Darcy state before my music started playing.

Later on, I was at home, putting together a puzzle.
There was a knock at the door and Mom walked up as I put the piece in its place before standing.
Mom opened the door, revealing Strickler, I quickly ran out the back door and ran to the side of the house, jumping over the railing and leaning against the wall as I listened.
"I'm not sure what exactly came over me, but I woke up and had to see you." I heard him state.
Mom started closing the door.
"I know it's been a long time!" He exclaimed, pushing the door back open slightly.
He sighed.
"I know I ran off unexpectedly. And I don't know where I found the courage to knock on your--"
He was cut off my mom slamming the door, hitting his face in the process.
I smiled slightly before wiping it off my face.
He sighed, going to turn away.
"Remember when I told you, you'd fall?" I asked, catching his attention.
I didn't meet his eyes as I stared at the street.
He didn't answer.
"How's the landing?" I asked.
He frowned as I turned to look at him.
"I told you to stay away, Strickler." I stated with a glare.
"I don't care, I-"
"And I don't care about what you have to say. You want to protect her?" I asked.
"More than anything." He replied.
"Then stay away." I stated.
I then jumped back over the railing and walkedto the back yard, walking back inside.
"Were you just talking to him?" Mom asked, making me shrug.
"I went to the back yard to give you guys some privacy. I waited till I heard his car leaving." I replied, sitting on the couch.
I grabbed a piece and put it in place as Mom sat down.
"You're putting that together pretty quickly." She stated.
"I got nothing better to do." I replied, as she picked up a box.
"Skylar, this is a brand new puzzle, and it's one-thousand pieces." She said, making me shrug.
"They didn't have any bigger ones in stock." I replied.
She sighed, setting the box down as I put another piece in place.
"You don't have to speed through your puzzles." She said, making me shrug.
"It's a good distraction." I stated, putting two down.
"From Draal?" She asked, making me freeze.
I swallowed, grabbing another piece and putting it in place.
"Yeah..." I replied, trailing off.
She hummed in thought.
"I did the same when your father left." She stated, making me breathe a laugh.
"Put puzzles together?" I asked.
"Distracted myself." She replied.
I nodded, my smile disappearing.
"Skylar, I know it must hurt for someone to just disappear... Did he say goodbye?" She asked
"He didn't get a chance. And we can't talk because he doesn't have a phone." I replied.
Her eyes saddened, watching me grab a piece and put it into place, again and again, as we sat in silence for a moment.
"If you need to talk about it... I'm here for you." She stated, getting up and leaving.
I took in a deep breath, placing the last piece in the center.
Tears escaped my eyes as I put my head in my hands.

A few moments later, I got a call from Jim.
"Mom, I'm going out!" I called.
"Be safe!" She shouted back as I walked out the door.
I then answered the call.
"Where are you?" I asked.
"Claire's." He replied.
"On my way." I stated, opening my wings and hanging up as I darted into the air, flying through her window.
I frowned, seeing her tied up.
I sat on the bed, behind Toby and Jim as Claire started waking up.
Suddenly a yellow glow formed as the chains swirled around her.
"Release me from these shackles, or I'll wear your spine as my crown, peasants!" She threatened.
"That's a new one." Jim stated.
"Her creativity has no bounds." Toby agreed.
She growled, a force sending Toby and Jim back.
I opened my wings, flapping a few times to stay where I was before letting them disappear as the force died down.
Blinky then entered.
"Apologies for my delay." He said before jumping up, grabbing Claire's chair and pulling her down.
Blinky then used a horngazel to tighten her chains in a blue light.
"Cool." I stated.
"I was awaiting Arrrgh's return, but he never showed." Blinky said, explaining his delay as he walked back over to Jim.
"I'm sure he's fine, we've got bigger problems." Jim stated as Claire tried to bite Toby.
Jim pulled her back, setting her back in place.
"Out of all chairs, you chain her to one with wheels." I stated.
She grunted.
"After I feast on your souls, agony will rule for a thousand millenia." She stated, making me roll my eyes.
"And if you don't shut up, I'll pull out your teeth and wear them as a necklace. Then I'll cut out your tongue, cut it in half, then hang it from your ears as if it was a pair of earings." I threatened, catching her attention.
Toby gulped before deciding to ignore my threat.
"How long is a millenia? Like a million years? Toby asked.
"I think it's a thousand." Jim replied.
"That would be correct." I stated at the same time as Blinky said, "Indeed, Master Jim."
"I would not like my soul to be feasted upon, if that's all right with everybody in the room." Toby stated.
Claire then laughed.
"What's wrong with her?" Jim asked.
"She is most certainly possessed." Blinky replied.
"Does the name Morgana mean anything to you?" Jim asked, making Blinky gasp.
"Evil sorceress." I stated, shrugging.
"You cannot hope to contain me, trollish whelp." She stated.
"I think she's running out of insults." I stated in turn.
She then sat back, a golden glow appearing around her.
"I am the Eldritch Queen of the Seventh Plane." She stated, moving her chair back.
A golden circle appeared around her.
"Baba Yaga. The Pale Lady. I have slain scores of Merlin's fools." She stated before laughing.
"Scratch out evil and replace it with crazy." I noted.
"I do know that name!" Blinky shouted over the sound of Morgana and her power.
"This is far worse than I could have ever imagined!" He added.
"It's always worse than we imagine, so let's start imagining puppies and kittens and expect tigers and wolves." I said, more to myself than anyone else.
Blinky then pulled her back down.
"Morgan le fay, Merlin's apprentice." Blinky finished.
"Like Merlin who made the Amulet?" Jim asked.
"I spit on his name as I spit on his grave." Morgana stated.
"Sounds like they didn't get along." Toby stated.
"He thinks he can be rid of me? The fool." She said before laughing once again.
"She laughs a lot. I don't see the irony." I stated, shrugging.
"I will erase his name and all of his creations." She growled.
I lifted a brow.
"You hear that Jim, she wants to erase us." I stated.
She then looked to me.
"While I do want to erase you, you are not his creation." She spat, making me frown.
"Then who made the Night's Amulet?" I asked.
She hummed.
"I do not know." She stated.
"The sorcerer and sorceress dueled for centuries until Merlin sacrificed himself to banish her from our world, but now she's here." Blinky stated, bringing us back on topic.
"Oh, what little lambs. My work here is done. Gunmar knows how to bring the Eternal Night." She stated, jerking her head so a pillow floated over to her.
"All you can do is sit back and watch the world as it burns." She stated, making me lift a brow.
I flicked my wrist, jerking the pillow back over to me.
"Oh, boy." I heard Jim state.
"It's not possible." Blinky added.
"With what relics? What magics?" He asked, shaking her.
"Blinky!" Jim said, causing Blinky to look at him, groaning.
Morgana then started humming.
"Hi, Madam M. I'm Tobias." Toby said awkwardly, making her growl.
I then walked over, sitting next to her on the window seat as she forced Tobes back, wrapping the blanket around him.
I rolled my eyes at this.
"So, why am I here?" I asked.
Jim just looked at me, smiling awkwardly before making a call, stepping outside the room.

Morgana was tossing everyone about, everything floating in the air as I sat back and watched.
"Skylar! Do something." Toby pleaded.
"No, you called me over here for no reason. I could have started another puzzle." I said, looking at my nails.
Just then, the door opened.
My eyes met Strickler's and I grit my teeth.
All sound died out as I glared at him, my eyes glowing softly.
When Morgana was on the ground and Jim was on his feet, I stood.
"I'm not working with him." I spat, looking to Jim.
"He's helping us get Claire." Jim said.
"And? You called me over for no reason. I can't help with this possession." I said, narrowing my eyes.
"You are here to watch Strickler, not work with him." Blinky said.
I raised a brow.
"So I'm a babysitter now?" I asked before Strickler cleared his throat.
I scoffed.
"I'm not doing this. Have fun." I stated, walking out the door.
I walked out of the house and started walking along the street, deciding to get some fresh air before going home.
I needed to calm down.
Draal kept flashing in my head as I kept walking.
A flash of Angor Rot made me stumble, catching me off guard.
I looked around, something felt off in the air.