7: To catch a changeling

I was leaning agaist the wall, watching the Toby throw random things and Jim hitting them with the sword, cutting right through them and making the object disappear.
"Hasn't Mom ever told you to never play with sharp objects?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"Oh c'mon Skylar. This is good training." Jim countered.
"No, it's ruining our stuff. This is why we can't have nice things." I countered in return.
He then sliced another object before tossing me a taco.
I started eating it, focusing on my own little world.
"What is this mockery?" A voice asked, pulling me back as I finished my taco.
"This is what he calls training at home." I replied, catching his attention.
"The Sword of Daylight is not a toy to be played with." Draal lectured, making me roll my eyes.
I walked over to the rock, sitting down.
"It is a hallowed obligation I have spent my entire life training to be worthy of." Draal finished.
"You want to take it for a spin?" Jim asked, making Draal snort.
Jim held the sword up to him, Draal letting out a gasp.
Did he think Jim was messing with him when he asked?
Draal picked it up, holding it to the sky.
Not even a few second later, the sword glowed, making Draal gasp again before it disappeared from his hand.
He looked around in confusion before it appeared back in Jim's hand.
"Sorry, I forgot." Jim stated, a sorry look on his face.
"If my destiny is to not hold the sword, perhaps it is to teach you how to properly weild it." Draal stated.
I smirked.
"Well, the child has grown to be mature. I can trust you two won't kill eachother?" I asked, causing them to look at me.
I revealed my wings and stood ontop the rock.
"I'm going for a flight. If you need me, call." I stated before taking off.
I flew through the clouds, soon flying above them.
I folded my wings around me, forming myself into the shape of  a bullet once I was going fast enough.
This made it so I was going faster, spiraling through the air at high speeds.
I then unwrapped my wings, stopping myself midflight as they caught the wind.
Shooting up, the clouds shrank away before I swooped backwards, letting myself fall.
I tilted my wings, swooping down like a hawk.
When the ground started coming up, faster and faster, I didn't dare back down until the last second.
I extened my wings, flipping myself and landed on my feet.
I huffed, a smile on my face.
I looked to the sky, seeing the stars appearing.
It has been a while since I left.
With a sigh, I shot into the air, heading back home.
I landed in the backyard, silently.
Jim and Draal were still training, Draal with a lamp.
Draal then pinned Jim against the house.
"That kinda hurts." Jim groaned out, having the lamp to his throat.
Draal then chuckled.
"A real fight is never predictable, Trollhunter. You have to expect the unexpected and learn to embody the armor, force it to do what you want." Draal explained.
His amulet started to glow, his sword appearing in the hand that Draal held before Jim forced it to appear in his other hand.
Draal then laughed, stepping away.
"Wow." Jim whispered before the phone started ringing.
"Shoot we're supposed to meet Blinky at the Museum now." Toby stated, showing Jim the screen.
"Ah! We'll work on this more later, okay, Draal?" Jim asked as he started moving away.
Jim got out of his armor and hopped on his bike.
"When Skylar comes back, tell her to cover for me if Mom gets here before I do!" Jim shouted as he left with Tobes.
Draal then hummed as I walked towards him on silent feet.
"Boo." I whispered, as he put the lamp cover over the stand.
He turned to face me.
"You're back." He stated.
I shrugged, letting my wings disappear.
"I must thank you for all your doing for Jim. Protecting him, training him. I misjudged you when we first met." I stated, turning away when I was finished.
I opened the door and walked in, glancing over my shoulder at Draal.
"Are you coming?" I asked, making him snort as he started following me.
I closed the door behind him, moving a stray hair behind my ear.
"Are you hungry?" I asked, moving into the kitchen.
"Why do you ask?" He asked in turn.
"I know trolls have a large appetite, from what I can tell, you haven't been eating a lot. Hence, the lightbulb." I stated, shrugging.
"You saw that?" He asked, seeming shy.
It was out of character for him, making me smile ever so slightly.
"So, is that a yes or a no?" I asked.
"Yes." He stated.
I nodded, grabbing an apple for myself as I walked over to the closet.
I opened the door, grabbing the basket full of mismatched socks.
"The drier destroys most of our socks, so we have a basket full of half a pair." I explained, setting the basket down.
"Thank you." He said, making me nod.
"I'll be in my room. If my mom shoes up, make sure to hide." I stated, meeting his eyes.
He nodded before starting to eat and I moved over to the stairs.
"Goodnight." I stated, making him snort.
I rolled my eyes, being reminded of a horse.
I walked into my room, closing the door lightly.
My wings then appeared again on their own.
I groaned softly in irritation.
It was impossible to sleep with these.
I sighed, sitting on the be and laying on my side.
I adjusted my wings again and again, trying to find the comfortable position.