5. The Tell

Video 2*C

"Hey. You are you good? Considering ..." You stop beside him, handing him a cup of coffee.

"That some homicidal maniac randomly decided to attack me and Lydia with the mountain lion" Jackson finished your sentence for you.

"Yeah, that. Where's Lydia ?" You search the crowd for the familiar red head.

"I think that they let her go home. Lydia wasn't injured but because I might have a stupid concussion. I have to stay here until the medics finally give me the all clear" He explained to you.

"Jackson, it's there protocol. As much as you don't agree with it" You sip on your own cup of coffee.

Noah walks over to the pair of you, who are both sitting in the back of the closest ambulance to the video store.

"Why the hell can't I just go home ? I'm fine" Jackson's voice was highly irritated by the delay of the paramedics.

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion" The Sheriff informs him before Jackson scoffed in response.

"Evening, Sheriff. Do you guys have any sort of idea what could've happened ?" You questioned him.

"We're still working on that, Miss. Keep an eye on your friends for me" Stilinski mutters just to you and you nodded.

"What part of I'm fine are you having a problem grasping ? Okay, I want to go home" He snidely remarks as Noah rose his eyebrow in suprise.

"And I understand that --" The Sheriff does his best to keep his cool.

"No, you don't understand that, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum wage rent - a - cop like you ! Okay, now I want to do home !" Jacksons eyes burned into Sheriff Stilinski.

Your eyes widened as you shot Noah an apologetic smile, raising an eyebrow at your best friend.

"I just said it like it is. If you don't like it, no one is making you be my best friend" He snapped before turning on his heels.

"Alright. Just get your ass in the car. I'm driving" You took his car keys from his hand that is outstretched with his palm facing upwards.

Beacon Hills Highschool, Chemistry Class

The next day ...

"Just a friendly reminder -- parent - teacher conference are tonight ! Students below a C-average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment" Mr Harris reminded the entire class of thirty or so students.

You and Jackson exchanged a glance but he shrugged, telling you that he was fine in his own way.

"... has anyone seen Scott McCall ? Y/N ?" Mr Harris turned his attention to you.

"I haven't seen him" You shrugged as he handed you a piece of A4 paper.

"Hey, Jackson -- if you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know" The teacher whispered to the captain of the lacrosse team.

"Yeah, I will. Can Y/N leave with me ? I'd rather not be alone. If I end up deciding to leave early" Jackson questioned.

"That's fine" The man nods his head and points out the textbook page.

"Is that good with you ?" Harris gaze fall on you.

"Sure that is, Mr Harris. Why wouldn't it be ?" You locked eyes with Jackson.