63. Parasomnia

Beacon County Sheriff's Station / On The Road

"Look Stiles, I get that you're suspicious of this Theo guy but was the background check really necessary ?" You enquired.

"He appeared out of nowhere, Y/N. At exactly the right time. It's almost as if he knew Scott was gonna be attacked" Stiles reasoned.

"Maybe he was just in the right place at the right time" You sighed.

"So, you agree with Scott ? We should trust Theo without him actually proving himself" Stiles groaned.

"I don't trust him yet either. But I'm a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty. If you can find anything that proves he's a threat, I'll help you. Until then, we need to figure out why Scott was attacked" You reasoned.

"What exactly was he doing to Scott ? His claws were glowing, I've never seen that before" Stiles decides to turn to the matter at hand.

"Neither have I -- When he did it to me, it felt like he was draining the power out of me" You informed him.

"What do you mean draining ?" He questions you. 

"Like if he'd been able to do it for long enough, he could've taken my Alpha spark" You explained.

"Okay so, power draining psychos ... That's a new one" Stiles rubbed his temple.

"Yeah. I'll look into it. You keep looking into Theo. I know, it'll make you more comfortable having a little background info on him" You sighed, ending the phonecall.

Beacon Hills Highschool

You and Lydia are sat next of each other in class, Kira's sitting on the same row in the far corner.

Scott sits down at the desk beside Kira, you and Lydia exchange a glance with Kira, Scott places his textbook on the desk.

"Scott ? Are you in the right class ?" Kira asks him.

"AP Biology ?" Scott opened his textbook to an annotated page.

"Do you know what AP stands for, McCall ?" You enquired.

"... Advanced placement ?" Scott nodded.

"Welcome to AP Biology ! Let's see who's awake. Can somebody tell me what plasmids are ?" Mrs Finch enters the classroom, sitting ontop of her desk.

"Circular, self-replicating DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins" Lydia replied.

"Nicely stated, Lydia. Now, can you tell me what vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via parietal cell production of a glycoprotein ?" Mrs Finch questioned.

"Uh ..." Lydia shook her head, uncertain of the answer, you raise your hand, Mrs Finch nods to indicate that you can answer.

"B-12" You inform her.

"Correct, Miss Hale ... Mr McCall, did you know the answer ?" The teacher turned her attention to Scott.

"Um, no" Scott admits.

"It's a common test question. What's your number one college pick ?" She enquired.

"Umm ..." Scott paused for a moment.

"Stop saying um ..." Mrs Finch instructed.

"Sorry. UC Davis" Scott informed her.

"Good choice. It's the best school on the West Coast for biological and physical sciences. You're in the right class if that's what you're hoping for. Who else thinks they're in the right class ?" She questioned, Theo raised his hand first, the rest of the class followed suit.