21. Party Guessed

Railway Depot

"What's the plan for tonight ?" You slide off your jacket.

"I was thinking that you could take first watch and I'd do the second watch" His attention turned fully to you.

"Can I do second watch ?" You recognise the same rusted metal chest from a few nights ago.

"Why ? Do you have somewhere else to be tonight ?" Derek checked the security of his full moon restraints.

"It's Lydia's birthday party. She's starting to get suspicious and we don't want her poking around in our business, do we ?" You passed him your invite to read over.

"Fine. You can do second watch. Just be careful at the party. Call me if you catch so much as a glimpse of Jackson" Derek gives it back, closing your hand around it.

"I will. Thanks Derek" You smiled at him and started to help him with the chains.

Half an hour later, Scott entered the old depot, you and Derek didn't turn to face him but Derek did address his statement about last night.

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is going to be too hurt to heal" Derek dropped the chains with a loud clank.

"Ugh, I get it -- we can't save Jackson" He weakly leans against the train carriage.

"We can't seem to kill him, either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger" He explained to the younger werewolf.

"Derek's right, Scott. I unloaded two full clips of bullets into Jackson and it didn't even slow him down. And the ketamine barely managed to knock him out" You placed the chains down gently.

"But how do we stop him ?" Scott rested his head against the cold, rusted metal.

"I don't know. I don't even know if we can ..." Derek admitted in defeat.

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle this ..." Scott suggested as Derek shakes his head in disagreement.

"The same family who tried to kill you ... We can't trust them anymore, Scott. Not after what Victoria did last night. There's one person that I trust in their family and that's Allison. I never trusted Kate, I can't bring myself to trust Chris. None of us can remotely trust Gerard" You reminded him as he sighed.

"I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault" Derek stands from his crouching position.

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this ! I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right ?" Scott pointed out as you nodded in agreement with him.

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple" Derek scoffed and this new info catches you and Scott off guard.

"What do you mean ? What aren't you telling me ?" McCall scrutinised Derek's movements and facial expressions.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you ?" He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Because you always are keeping something from you !" McCall raises his voice, annoyed by what he wasn't being told.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you" His eyes locked with yours and then Scott's.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets ?" Scott stretched his back.

"Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe ... cause the full moon's coming, and with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one" Derek instructed the beta.