73. Damnatio Memoriae

On the road

Hayden gets out of the car to follow Valerie into the building, she sees someone in the reflection of the passenger window.

She swings a punch at the mysterious person, you grabbed her wrist.

"Hayden ?" You recognised her.

"Y/N ? What are you doing here ?" She enquired, lowering her fist, you released your hold on her.

"I heard about a call from here. I just came to check it out" You shrugged.

"How the hell did you get access to the Sheriff's department radio station ?" Hayden questioned.

"The simple answer is Stiles ... I can't believe you're alive" You examined her closely.

"You don't remember ?" She enquired.

"Remember what ? You died, Hayden. I saw you die right infront of me" You informed her.

"Atleast you tried to save me" She nodded.

"I gave you the bite. You didn't take to it. I tried but you still ..." You looked at her in confusion.

"Give me your hand" Hayden sighed, you did as she asked, she placed your hand above her beating heart.

"I'm alive, okay ? My heart's beating" She reassured, you nodded, turning back to the matter at hand.

"You stay here. I'll go check on Valerie" You smiled, heading towards the building.

Telecom Relay Station

You ventured into the station, following the sound of a man's cry of pain.

Large clawed hands appear over a wide pipe as the creature squeezes it, puncturing holes in the pipe with its claws and releasing strong bursts of steam into the air.

Valerie starts to hyperventilate as well as she watches the enitity stand to its full height and growl menacingly.

"Deputy, run !" You warned, Valerie ran for the stairs.

You stepped out of the shadows, revealing that you've transformed, your glowing red eyes locking with the entities.

You jumped into the air, punching the entity, it doesn't seem fazed by the attack, grabbing you by the throat, it slams you into the floor.

You growled, attempting to break free but it picked you up by the throat, carrying you to the front entrance, you grabbed it's arm in a attempt to break free.

It throws you through the front gate, you groan, landing back first on the concrete, the entity heads towards the cruiser.

"Hayden ! Run !" Valerie shouts to her sister, Liam and Hayden make a run for it.

"Are you okay ?" Valerie walked over to you, offering you her hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You ?" You accept her hand, getting back to your feet.

"I think so. What the hell was that thing ?" She enquired.

"I have no idea" You admitted, leaning back against the cruiser.

Y/N's Apartment

You're sitting on your bed, the next morning, checking the wounds from last night.

They'd all more or less healed, except for a stab wound, where one of the pieces of the fence had penetrated your shoulder.

You change into a clean set of clothes, picking up your phone and your car keys.