94. After Images

Y/N's Apartment

You and Lydia are laid on your bed, her head is resting on your chest, your arms wrapped tightly around her.

Your phone starts to ring and vibrate on the bedside table, causing both of you to groan.

"It's Scott" You grabbed the device, instantly recognising the caller idea.

"Hey" You greeted him.

"Hey. How quickly can you and Lydia get to the school ?" Scott enquired.

"Why do you ask ?" You quiried.

"Brett's missing. I told Corey and Mason that you guys would help them find him" Scott sheepishly admitted.

"Okay. We'll be there in 20" You sighed, grabbing a jacket from the back of the door.

"Can we ever have a peaceful night in ?" Lydia groaned, getting up, following you into the hallway, grabbing your hoodie on the way.

"Not while we live in Beacon Hills" You shoved on your trainers, grabbing your car keys.

Beacon Hills Highschool

"Quiet ! Please" Lydia frustratedly glared at the two boys as she stares at the flame intently.

"Sorry" They simultaneously apologise.

"She ever tried this before ?" Corey whispers.

"Initiating a premonition ? Yeah, we've tried a few times" You shrugged.

"How will it help us find him ?" Corey enquired.

"I don't know. But, if Brett's dead, I think she'd already know" Mason shrugged.

"Do you think it's working ?" Corey questioned.

"It might if you stop talking" Lydia irritably stared back at the flame.

Corey moves one of the balls on the Newton's cradle on the desk, causing Mason to jump in shock.

"Sorry" They apologise simultaneously.

Lydia looks around before staring back at the flame, she picks up the pen, starting to write something on the page rapidly.

"Does anyone speak Chinese ?" Corey examines the page.

"My phone does" Mason shrugged.

"Lux-vee ..." Corey reads aloud.

"No, it's a Roman Numeral, Corey. Sixty eight" You explained.

"Sixty-eight. That's what the Chinese says, too" Mason shows the group his phone screen.

"E-R ..." Lydia examined the periodic table on the wall.

"E-R. E-R what ?" Corey enquired.

"Erbium. The atomic number for erbium is sixty-eight" Lydia clarified.

"What if this whole thing just says sixty eight ?" Corey suggested.

"Sixty eight what ?" Mason rubbed his temple.

"I have no idea" Lydia admitted.

"Okay, so what do we try next ?" Mason looked to the older two members of the pack.

"I'm going back to where my last premonition was ... And I'm going alone" Lydia warns the boys, walking away.

"Don't do anything stupid" You warned the two of them, following her out into the hall.

"Sixty five ... sixty six ... sixty seven ... sixty eight" Lydia stops infront of one of the lockers.

"You want me to pry it open ?" You pause beside her, she nod, you pull the door off the hinges, placing it on the ground.