9. Wolf's Bane

On the road, Beacon Hills

You drove Derek's car at an illegal speed down the road, a number of police cars chasing the vehicle.

"How did I let you drag me into this shit, McCall ?" You swerve to avoid a branch that's fallen onto the road.

"You're the one who agreed to do it with us" Stiles pointed out to you.

"And I'm seriously starting to regret that decision, right now !" You checked your rear view mirror.

"If he's on foot, then who the hell is driving his car ?" Kate speaks to Argent over the phone line, your hearing easily picks it up.

"We lost the police but Kate's hot on our heels" You briefly glanced at Scott.

"Go faster" Stiles noticed just how close Kate's car had managed to get.

"How much faster ? I'm going at 90" You checked the speedometer on your car.

"Then speed up to 120" Scott held tightly onto the dashboard.

"Fine. Hold on" You pushed your foot on the pedal, harshly.

Watching the speedometer creep up, the hunter chasing you increased her speed.

Your phone rang loudly in his ear which caused Scott to glare at you.

"Hey Derek" You reached out, answering your phone that is connected to Derek's dashboard via a holder.

"Hey. Come and pick me up. I'm running through the iron works ... I can't run for much longer" He panted out of breathe.

"All right. On our way" You gestured for Stiles to end the phone call, he does just that.

You swing the car round so when you're ready to drive off, you could scare Kate off.

"What the hell are you doing ?" McCall's eyes widened, Stiles waited for a reply.

"Hopefully we can scare her off. Derek's going to need a ride" You revved the car engine.

"I hate you" Stilinski covered his eyes in fear, peaking through a small gap in his fingers.

"I'm well aware, Stiles. Just hang on" You speed down the road toward Kate's car.

Kate's eyes widened and she swerved to avoid the car from smashing into hers.

You press your foot on to the pedal, eyes scanning the area.

The iron works

"Get in" You drive alongside his running form, opening the passenger door.

Derek climbed in when you briefly stop the car for him to get in.

You switch gear and drove over a bridge that was being used for construction.

He slightly opened the door, booting the bridge until it collapsed.

"The suspect's been picked up by a black camaro with the license plate, 6IFS532" Stilinski tells the officers over the radio.

"What part of lying low don't you understand ??" Scott's exasperated tone questioned your cousin.

"Damn it, I had him !" He irritantly hits the dashboard with his hand.

"Who ? The Alpha ?" You took an empty back road, turning towards Hale House.

"Yes ! He was right in front of me, and the friggin police showed up !" Derek's glare landed on Stiles and Scott.

"Whoa ! Hey, they're just doing their jobs --" Stiles defended the police force.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state !" He retorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm.