29. Frayed

On the road

You, Scott, Boyd, Isaac and Stiles are all on the bus driving to the cross country meet.

"Are you seriously following us ?" You answered Lydia's phonecall.

"No. We're still in Beacon Hills" She lied, you readjusted your body.

"Then, why can I see Allison's car following the bus" You examined your injury.

"-- We're just worried. You and Scott got your asses kicked by a pack of Alpha werewolves" Lydia puts the phone onto speaker mode.

"I'm fine" You gritted your teeth, the hole in your stomach still oozing blood.

"You're not fine. You literally have a hole in your stomach and you were thrown off a twenty foot ledge" Allison reminded you.

"Well, I'm in better shape than McCall" You observed Scott and Stiles out the corner of your eye.

"Scott has a scratch on his stomach ... Why aren't you healing ?" Lydia noticed the pain in your tone.

"Because it's from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal than if it was from a beta or an omega" You explained to them.

"We'll keep our distance but if either of us call you, you pick up immediately, I need to know you're okay" Allison prepares to end the phonecall.

"No problem. It's not like I'm getting out of this thing for atleast five hours" You ended the call on your end.

Argent Apartment, Yesterday Morning

"Scott, we already --" Allison trailed off when she locked eyes with you instead of her ex-boyfriend.

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not Scott" You leant in the doorway to her room.

"Oh, hey" She awkwardly rubs the back of her neck.

"I was wondering if you were okay" You sat on the chair, opposite to where she's sitting on her bed.

"Why ? Nothing happened did it" Allison moved beside you, running her fingers along your shoulder blades.

"No -- I mean, yeah, kinda. Kali attacked me last night and she got into my head" You admitted to the huntress.

"What did she say to you ?" She tilted your head to make you look into her eyes.

"She threatened to kill Cora ... Lydia ... and you" You locked eyes with her, she noticed the claw marks across your eye for the first time.

"Y/N that looks bad" Allison runs a lone finger across one of the markings.

"It's fine, it'll heal. Kali took a cheap shot. She used her claws to make me blind in one eye" You gestured to the injury.

"Then, what ?" Her gentle touch soothed you into revealing what Kali did to you.

Abandoned Alleyway, Two Days Ago

"You're a difficult women to track down, Y/N" Kali's presence caused you to growl at the Alpha.

"And you're not so hard to find. You're the only werewolf I know that walks around with no shoes on" You turned to face her.

"Let's get this over with" You flashed blue eyes, raising your hands to defend yourself.

"If you say so" Her eyes shine red in the dark alley.

You blocked her advances, grabbing her by the foot, sending her into the air, she managed to regain her balance, landing in a crouched stance.

Kali roundhouse kicked you, her claws barely skimming your cheek, just enough to draw blood.