26. Chaos Rising

Derek's Loft

Isaac paced back and forth, Derek sits at the table reading an old book, you check your phone for any messages.

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous ... You know what ? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him" Isaac continued to pace up and down.

"You'll be fine" Derek sighed, flicking the page over.

"Does it have to be him ?" Isaac groaned.

"He knows how to do it -- I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself" Derek once again flicks over the page.

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right ? You know, personally, I'd ... Well, I'd trust Scott" Isaac anxiously runs his hand through his hair.

"Do you trust us ?" You turn your phone screen off, picking the book up from the table.

"... Yeah. I still don't like him" He sighed, hesitant to respond to your question.

"Nobody likes him" Derek agreed.

"I don't like him either and he's my dad" You slam the book closed, making Isaac flinch.

"Guys ... FYI ? Yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities slightly impaired ... but, the hearing still works. So, I hope your comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face" Peter entered the loft.

"We don't like you. Now shut up and help us" Derek sassily slammed his book  closed, throwing it on the table.

"Fair enough" Peter shrugged.

You and Derek sat together on the sofa, Isaac sat in the armchair, Peter flicks his claws out ready to start the ritual.

"Relax, I'll get more out of you if you're calm" Peter stands behind Isaac.

"How do you know how to do this, again ?" Isaac nervously faced your dad.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by Alpha's, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip and you could paralyze someone ... or kill them" He explained the ritual.

"You ... You've had a lot of practice, thought, right ?" Isaac tapped his fingers on the arms on the chair.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone -" Peter smirked, positioning his claws at the base of Isaac's neck.

"... Wait, does that mean that you --" He falls silent when Peter digs his claws in, struggling against his grasp.

Peter's eyes turn blue and Isaac's turn to gold as he grabbed the older werewolf's arm, trying to break free.

"Wait, I see them --" Peter groaned, Isaac gasped as he recalled what happened in the captivity of the Alpha's.

Your dad witnessed three blurry figures in what appears to be a bank vault, one is being pulled away by two Alpha's, the other two weakly sit on the floor.

Following the pack of Alpha's, Deucalion stood in the doorway, watching intently.

Peter broke his bond with Isaac, both of them gasping for much needed oxygen.

You and Derek watched the interaction in confusion, unaware of what the two of them had seen.

"What'd you see ?" Derek stood from his seat, biting his lip gently.

"It was confusing ... Um, im - images, vague shapes" Peter carefully examined his retracted claws, panting repeatedly.

"But you must've seen something, dad ? Who or what was it ?" You enquired.