56. Weaponized

Beacon Hills Highschool

"Where's Lydia ?" Kira enquired, you and the rest of the group were waiting in a line outside the classroom.

"She took it her freshmen year ... Why didn't you, Y/N ? You and Lydia have the same GPA" Stiles turned his attention to you.

"I was poisoned by a hunter, I couldn't control my shift. I didn't risk coming in to take the test" You explained.

"Does that mean I could've taken it some other time ?" Malia leans back on the lockers.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us" Scott reminded her.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good" Malia argued.

"Well" Stiles interjected.

"Well, what ?" Malia glanced at him.

"It's do well, not do good" Stiles corrects her.

"Oh, God !" She groaned in response.

"Okay, okay ! We're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college ..." Scott reasoned with the group.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours" Kira nodded in agreement, Stiles rose an eyebrow.

Inside the classroom

You applied your fingerprint to the top corner of the paper, collecting and pencil and handing your phone to Natalie, she gives you a slip of paper with a number on it, you take your seat.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two twenty-five-minute critical reading sections, two twenty-five-minute math sections, and an essay writing portion that will last thirty minutes" The man explained the test to the class of students.

"There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam ..." He lowers his voice to address Natalie.

"I know. It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again ..." She exits the room, phone in hand.

She enters the room again after fifteen minutes, without Coach with her.

"I can't find him ... But Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers. Do you want me to try him ?" Natalie suggested.

"We have to start. We can ask for his assistance during the first break. You may now open your test booklets and begin" The man allowed the students to start the test.

You answered the questions to the best of your ability, surprisingly they were quite easy, atleast for you, Stiles drops his pencil and Malia looks around the room to see if anyone else has stopped.

Sydney fainted, falling from the chair, gripping onto your shirt to stop herself from falling, you lay her down gently.

"Sydney ! Are you all right ?" Natalie helps the girl to her feet.

"I'm okay ... I just got kind of dizzy ..." She shakes her head.

"Sydney, how long have you had this ?" She spots a dark patch of veins on the girls wrist.

"I don't know ..." Sydney allows the teacher to help her back into her seat.

"Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test ?" The man enquired.

"No ... Um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. Nobody leaves the room" Natalie lowers her voice to address the man.