40. Galvanize

Y/N's Apartment / Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

"Hey, Melissa" You answered the phone, jumping down from your pull up bar.

"Hi. Scott told me this was your number. It is you, isn't it, Y/N ?" Melissa enquired over the line.

"Yeah. It's me. What's up ? I thought he told you my number was for emergencies, if you needed help from a friendly neighbourhood werewolf" You take a seat at your desk.

"They just brought William Barrow to the hospital" She admitted to you, she keeps the tone of her voice hushed.

"Wait, the mass murderer ? Who else is there ?" You collected your jacket.

"Noah and Rafael. The place is crawling with FBI agents and deputies. It's best that you stay at home. Act like a normal kid. We don't need people finding out about werewolves, if Barrow runs his mouth in Eichen" She reassured you.

"I'm not just gonna leave you there with a literal murderer and no protection. I'm on my way now, okay ?" You argued.

"No, not okay. None of you are gonna come anywhere near this hospital. It's too dangerous, Y/N. Even for a group of supernatural teenagers" She pointed out, you sighed, unable to argue with her.

"That's why McCall gave you my number, Melissa. He wanted to keep you safe. I'm your personal security detail ... I promised him I'd protect you. That I wouldn't let you get hurt" You reminded her of the arrangement you'd made with Scott.

"And you're not ... You and Stiles are like the two kids I never had. I know Sheriff said something similar the other day, we were talking in the root cellar. When I saw you covered in blood, my heart sank, I was afraid that you were too injured. To the point where you couldn't heal -- So, can you, please, stay away from the hospital ? Keep your phone on hand" Melissa offered.

"Okay, I'll stay out of the way. Don't hesitate to call if you need something" You end the phonecall.

Beacon Hills Highschool

You meet with Scott in the parking lot, he climbs off his bike, smiling at you in greeting.

"You're back in school ?" He addressed the twins, recognising their bikes.

"No, just to talk" Ethan eyed you out the corner of his eye, suspiciously.

"Oh, that's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Usually you're just hurting, maiming, and killing ..." Stiles joined the two of you.

"You need a pack. We need an Alpha" Aiden sighs, he knows how difficult it's gonna be to convince Scott to say yes.

"Yeah, absolutely not ! That's hilarious, though" Stiles scoffed.

"He already has a pack. We don't need you guys. A pack's built on trust. How are we supposed to do that after your involvement in Boyd and Erica's deaths" You reminded the two of them.

"Aw, still not over her, are you ?" Aiden smirked.

"I'm over her, asshole. Still doesn't give you psychos permission to kill her" You shoved his chest, harshly.

"Calm down, Y/N" Scott held you back.

"You came to us for help -- we helped" Aiden shrugged his shoulders.

"You beat his face into a blood pulp ! That's not helping -- in my opinion, that's actually counter-productive" Stiles corrected him, incredulously.

"Why would I say yes ?" Scott diffused the escalating situation between his pack and the twins.

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no" Aiden continued to reason with the True Alpha.

"I can think of one ... Like, the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. In fact, I don't know why we aren't impaling them right now" Isaac joined the group, Scott grabbed his wrist to hold him back.