Vol. 4.5: Chapter 9.2 - Katsuragi Kouhei is Surprisingly Troubled

"Oiii! Ayanokouji-kun!"

Iida-senpai came running after me as soon as I turned towards the first corner.

"Just because there are no other students doesn't mean you could run and yell in the hallways, you know?"

"Ehehe~. It's fine, isn't it? We're on vacation, anyway." She slapped my shoulder while giggling.

"So, why'd you leave Konishi-senpai alone in that classroom?"

"Oho~? Are you worried about her or something? You can go back and accompany her, you know?"

"That's it. I'm not talking anymore." I faced forward, ignoring her.

"I'm just teasing you!" Iida-senpai laughed heartily. "Yua's going to be fine. She'll meet up with a fellow club member in a bit. Meanwhile, I'm off to handle some matters for the team."

"I heard the team captain was sick."

"Yeah... But she's fine now. I insisted on shouldering her responsibilities until she's back to tip-top shape."

"Well, the tournament will be in two days. It's better to make sure of everything."

I got the information from Ken. He's really excited about it, too.

"Yep! We've also been practicing seriously. Given our team's strength, it's possible to place higher than where we did in the past! Heck, we might even win!" Iida-senpai clenched her fist with a grin.

She's really passionate about her sport, huh? Like Onodera when it comes to swimming or Ken with basketball.

"What's with that stare? You falling for me~? I'm sorry but I don't date younger boys."

Her mischievous smile was really cute so it made me feel nervous. But thanks to my unmoving facial expression, Senpai would never find out.

"No, not really..." Ending my response there meant that I was basically asking to get teased, so I started running my mouth without thinking. "And besides, I think Senpai is the type of person who'd rather date someone that could keep up with her energy." 

"Eh...? Ehh?" 

She looked really surprised by my words. It wasn't even an exaggeration to say that she was shocked.

"What's with that reaction? I may have said something unnecessary, but it's nothing bad or offensive, right?"

"A-Ah, no, no! It's not that. I just didn't expect you to say something like that all of a sudden. It's the same advice that I got from my friend back in my second year..."

"I don't think it's that hard to figure out. Someone of that type would fit your personality well, right?"

Iida-senpai looked at me like some sort of weird alien.

"Are you actually a playboy, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"What? No... I've never even had a girlfriend before."

What kind of question was that...?

"Ehhh-?!"

"As I said, don't shout in the hallways. Your voice might've reached the teachers' faculty, you know?"

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's break this down for a second." Iida-senpai heavily sighed as if to compose herself. "Firstly, you didn't get affected by my teasing."

That's thanks to my default poker face. Any normal guy would probably get shaken given how cute Iida-senpai was.

"Secondly, you actually gave some practical advice and insights." Her expression finally turned to that of confusion. "And lastly... Contrary to those two previous points, you've actually never been in a relationship before?"