Vol. 6: Chapter 14.1 - On a Cold Afternoon

Some hours earlier, on that very same day, Sakayanagi Arisu enjoyed the cool air under the shade. With the Paper Shuffle Exam ending, news about the outcome of her plans could finally be confirmed. 

"Do you think snow will fall this season?" she asked her companions.

"Doesn't it snow in Tokyo every year?" Kamuro asked with a question of her own.

"You're technically right, Masumi-san. However, Tokyo typically only gets a day or two of light snowfall. And whenever that's the case, snow would hardly collect on the ground."

"I remember it snowing for ten straight days in Tokyo back when I was little. Do you want it to snow for that long?"

"Why, yes," she nodded. "Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a White Christmas?"

"I personally like the sight of the city being dyed in white during winter, so I'm all for snow," Hashimoto stated in his opinion.

"You're quite the aesthetic person, aren't you, Hashimoto-kun?"

"Haha, maybe. Aren't you the same, Sakayanagi?"

"I would like to say so. Kitou-kun is also an aesthetic person, right?"

"Isn't artistic the better word for Kitou, though?" asked Kamuro. "I can't really say the same for myself, but I can also appreciate something that looks nice when I see one."

Anyone who wasn't part of Class B wouldn't immediately associate Kitou with the word "artistic" after they see him.

"Fufu, I guess that goes for most people. Humans are naturally drawn to beauty, after all."

Hearing Sakayanagi's words, Hashimoto smiled at Kamuro, but this only made her cringe in repulsion.

"Well, aren't you excited, Sakayanagi?"

The person they've been waiting for has finally arrived. Ryuuen Kakeru approached them with a single person behind him named Yamada Albert.

"Mashima-sensei, being the freshmen's coordinator, was busy with a certain student's matters. So, Class B was dismissed a few minutes early after we'd all collectively finished the exam before the time limit."

"Kukuku. A certain student's matters, eh? So you've heard the news yesterday."

"Everyone in our class would suspect something if we were suddenly brought in for questioning. So? What was the school's final decision?" Sakayanagi asked, smiling as if she already knew the answer.

"Miyamoto has been expelled," Ryuuen replied.

The Class B students had differing reactions, but it can't be denied that this news was good for them.

"Excellent. As promised, you'll get to keep the entirety of Miyamoto-kun's private points plus my payment for your assistance."

Sakayanagi made a gesture prompting Hashimoto to bring his phone out.  

"What do you mean? Our goal was to execute two of their students, remember? I honestly didn't think they'd have enough solidarity to save one person even if they had a stash of money cooped up somewhere..."

"It's the price we have to pay for getting Ayanokouji-kun involved," she sighed. 

"What are you saying, Sakayanagi? I don't understand." Ryuuen frowned in displeasure.

"It was inevitable. My goal was to get students from Class A expelled. Ayanokouji-kun probably wouldn't have done anything if that was the only thing we did. However, your goal was to stain his reputation inside his class, right? That, or you want Ayanokouji-kun's class to push him back to his previous position as the class leader. You were directly trying to oppose him, that's why he did something to push back against our plan."