Vol. 7: Chapter 3.1 - Being Targeted is Part of the Job

The weekend passed and the last week before winter break was finally upon us.

Ike and his group gave me weird looks as soon as they got inside the classroom. It was easy to deduce why, but I'll have to wait until the end of today's classes before I can truly find out. 

After the last bell, the teacher grabbed their things and walked out of the classroom. All of us were ready to leave too, but... 

"Everyone, do you have a minute?" Ike raised his voice to gather the class's attention.

"What's the matter, Ike-kun?" Hirata asked.

Ike scanned the room, and apart from Kouenji who nonchalantly stepped out of the room while acting like he didn't hear anything, everyone was actually curious about what he had to say.

"Ryuuen reached out to us yesterday."

The reactions were immediate and the murmurs rose to a clamor.

A gashing sound of metal made everyone turn to a certain girl. She noisily moved her chair and sat back down which was a contrast to her usual elegance. Horikita Suzune made her stance clear. She was ready to listen.

Soon, everyone followed suit. Hondou and Yamauchi brought a Bluetooth speaker in front and placed it on top of the teacher's desk.

"I'll let you guys listen for yourselves," said Ike.

Everyone started to look confused. They thought Ike would talk about what he and Ryuuen had discussed. Of course, the smart ones thought that maybe Ike and the other two recorded the conversation, but they instantly rejected that notion after taking their usual stupidity in mind.

After a brief second, the Bluetooth speaker started producing noise. It made scratching sounds before footsteps were finally heard. Of course, it didn't take long until those footsteps stopped. 

"I got the test questions."

Everyone instantly tensed up after hearing a familiar voice. They thought they'd never hear his voice again, but they were wrong.

"Kukuku, good work, Miyamoto." 

The person who mentioned his name was none other than Ryuuen.

Suddenly, the mic started making static noises as if it was rubbing against something just like earlier.

"Hey! What are you-?!"

"Ohoho, what do we have here?"

Ryuuen's voice became much louder and clearer. He must've taken the bug from Miyamoto.

"H-How did you know-?!"

"I'm not dumb, that's why. Well, I'll be taking this for now."

"Shit..."

The mic made static noises before sounding a bit muffled once again. It seems like Ryuuen kept it inside his pocket.

"Damn it..."

"So? What about the other thing I asked you to do?"

Miyamoto answered with silence.

"I don't like repeating myself, Miyamoto."

"Tsk... Yeah, I picked a fight with Ayanokouji just like you asked. The whole class saw it happen. Even some of your classmates got to take a peek since our door was wide open. You can ask them if you don't believe me."

"Is that so? Don't worry, I believe you." Ryuuen replied before chuckling. "Kukuku... I wonder how Ayanokouji feels about you now?"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"