Vol. 4.5: Chapter 13.4 - Last Day of Summer

The 2-second silence felt like forever. I stared at Shiranami who was also in a daze. Of course, it didn't take too long before she finally realized what happened.

*Fweeet*

She blew the whistle and changed our score to 15, marking our win. It was also at that moment that the referee got back from the restroom.

"Hell yeah!" Ken was the first one who celebrated our victory.

"What the heck was that...?" Akito had to do a double-take to confirm what he saw.

"K-Kiyopon..." Haruka was also at a loss for words.

"Awawawawa..." Meanwhile, Airi was trembling beside me.

Horikita was also in a state of shock, but she recovered much faster than everyone else before shaking her head with a sigh.

"Ayanokouji! That was insane!" Shibata yelled at me from the enemy court.

"H-Honami-chan..." Amikura staggered before leaning her body onto Ichinose. "I... I thought I was gonna die!"

"Ahaha, yeah, that was such a strong serve!" Ichinose was seriously staring at the area where I served the ball, but she instantly went back to her normal self when Amikura approached her.

Kobashi patted Amikura's head while Kanzaki gave me an eyeful.

"How about that?! Free lunch for us, baby!" Ken basked in our victory despite looking really exhausted a minute ago.

"Aww, we lost!" Ichinose looked frustrated but was still all smiles. "Alright, everyone! Lunch is on me. Don't hold back and get anything you want."

"You sure? I'm a big eater, you know?" asked Ken.

"Of course! I was the one who suggested the whole thing, anyway." Ichinose gave us a thumbs up. "I know you guys are super rich right now, but I'm not poor either! I can treat everyone without a problem."

"What are you saying, Ichinose? Don't tell me you're paying for the whole thing?" asked Kanzaki.

"Yep! You guys go eat, too. Everything's on me."

"Well, you are pretty frugal. I suppose going on a food spree today wouldn't do much," said Shibata.

The other girls didn't really have anything to say. If Ichinose wanted to treat them, it's impossible to change her mind. They accepted her generosity with a smile.

"Didn't you spend lots of points on things like swimwear, though? Not to mention summer clothes..." Haruka tilted her head while asking.

"Oh, right. Well, this was probably my only notable purchase," she replied, looking at her swimsuit. "I don't really think much about fashion. I kinda wear whatever's there since I can just rotate my outfits. Though I guess that's pretty weird coming from a girl."

"Not at all. I'm actually impressed that you have that mindset while still looking pretty most of the time. I think it's good to not spend a lot, right, Airi?"

"Y-Yes... I think Ichinose-san is amazing in that regard."

"Well, isn't Honami just amazing in everything, though?" Amikura clung to her from behind. 

Shiranami nodded furiously.

"Oh stop it, you guys. I don't really like spending a lot, you see. And that goes double in this school. There might be something more important for me to use points on in the future. Who knows?" she chuckled.

"Well then, thank you in advance, Ichinose-san." Horikita walked away towards the food stalls.

"Thank you, as well, Ichinose-san!" followed Haruka.