Vol. 4.5: Chapter 13.1 - A Glimpse of Normal Life

Three pools with three different functions. Extravagant would be an appropriate word to describe the facility. We decided to stay in the first pool which was a standard swimming pool. The second one functioned like a lazy river with a current while the third one focused on sports and other dynamic activities.

"Hey, Kiyotaka! Aren't you gonna swim?!" Ken yelled at me while waving his arm.

He and Akito were having fun inside the pool with Airi and Haruka. They wearing their swimming trunks but the girls, including me, wore rashguards.

"I'll be there soon," I replied.

As unfortunate as it was, I was tasked to take all of our things to our designated tent. It seems like today wasn't my luckiest day to play rock-paper-scissors.

"I wonder how many people came yesterday and the day before in comparison to this...?" The luxurious facility was still crowded even if it was the last day, and the number of people would only increase later on.

I've heard of stories from others, but this really felt like a festival in its own right. Since the pool facility wasn't part of the main school building, we've seen a lot of students wearing their casual clothes outside while eating snacks. When we entered the premises, lots of stalls selling food could be seen everywhere. From what I can see, they were being managed by upperclassmen.

Some of them looked very serious with their business while some just looked like they were having fun. It reminded me of our first special exam.

"Ah, Ayanokouji-kun!"

After finishing up, a familiar voice called out to me.

"Ichinose... and Horikita...?" I couldn't really hide the surprise in my tone.

?" I couldn't really hide the surprise in my tone

"What?" she glared.

"Well, you're the last person I'd expect to see with Ichinose."

"Ahaha, I was the one who invited her. My friends are also here!" she answered.

"Don't get me wrong, Ayanokouji-kun. I only accepted her invite because of our deal from the Zodiac Exam."

Ahh, so it's about that, huh?

"You could've just come here with your casual clothes but..." I glanced at Horikita who was wearing a nice two-piece swimsuit with a frilled top and laced bottom.

"What are you looking at?"

"Your swimsuit. It looks good." Horikita probably didn't expect my response given her silence. I turned around and started walking away to avoid creating an awkward atmosphere. "I'm here with Ken and the others. You guys go have fun."

"Ohoho? Just casually escaping after that compliment? Aren't you a sneaky one, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Well, I didn't expect Ichinose to let me off the hook with that one.