First Day On the Job

Chapter 2

As promised El arrived to work at 9:45 a.m. He walked into the posh four family brick exposed wall brownstone looking at the gorgeous renovations.

Kalel come in! The maid escorted him to Nina's office. Good morning Ms. Vaughn. Nina call me Nina. Good morning Nina.

This is the house you will clean there are sixteen bedrooms fourteen baths and the lower level sitting and entertainment room.

The room's aren't used every day. Tanya's job is to clean the room's your job is to make sure the furniture is good sinks ok if the carpet is stained you take care of it.

There will be day's usually Monday's and weekend's where she will need your help changing the bed's cleaning etc.

Are you okay with that? Yes ma'am. I have a gardener but I need you to keep the yard's neat and together until his next visit.

Keep the hedge's trimmed the leaves and weeds taken care of.

Tanya will show you around. I have a driver's test scheduled in two week's it's at 9 a.m not far from here. If it's okay can I take my exam and come in right after?

I have no problem with you needing to take care of thing's Kalel as long as you give me notice when you're able.

I'm not strict about much but I am about calling out the place has to be maintained has to be clean.

We have elite clientele they are rich and haughty if there is a layer of dust anywhere they complain she scoffed in disgust you understand yes? Yes Nina I do.

Good the job pay's two thousand dollar's per week--

Sorry? Is that too low Kalel? Okay you've got me I can do $2300 but that's my final offer until your review in a year agreed? Yes Nina.

The hour's are from ten to six or when you're done you may leave. I usually leave a list of thing's I'd like you to do but if there is no list you go room to room to check the house over.

The resident's that do stay here know they need to allow you in when you knock if you get trouble alert me asap. Yes ma'am. Pay day's are Friday you can get cash or pay stub it's up to you.

I'd like a pay stub please. Great decision I offer medical with our private Doctor's that care is also extended to your family if needed.

Thank you again for the opportunity Nina. Welcome aboard El.

Tanya showed El his work on the inside of the house she gave him a list of thing's to repair that were minor.

If you need, Nina has an account at home depot I'll call and add you to the account so you can shop. If you use your own money bring me the reciept and I'll pay you from petty cash. There is a tool room out back in the shed that tiny house has every thing even the lawn mower. Let me introduce you to the few guy's that stay here.

Scott this is El the new maintenance man. Hey pleasure to meet you. Scott had your job before he moved up.

Hey man if you need help with anything I'm here I know the house like the back of my hand and oh, Scott passed El a notebook the guy before me gave me this it helps a lot it's a record of everything we have repaired or fixed in this house over the last ten year's.

That way if Nina tries to make you bandaid the job you can refer to the book and let her know it's her third bandaid and it's time to rip it off haha.

Thank's man good look. No problem El if I have issues in here I usually do it myself but I'll tell you so you can add it to the book. Thanks Scott pleasure to meet you.

Tanya and El left Scott is a sweetheart it's Viktor you're gonna hate, knock knokkkkk Vik rolling her eye's.

Come in. Viktor this is El the new guy for maintenance. Viktor didn't look up welcome now please go I'm working on a formula.

Viktor has a PHD in chemistry and is working on a new drug to market. Smart dude if he can pull it off that's big money Tanya.

Agreed especially if a black man break's into such a white male dominated business even though he is an asshole I'd be proud of him he's like the big brother I never had El.

Knock knock. Come! Apollo this is the new guy El. Hey man. Welcome El if you need anything come see me. No worries man and thank's for the help.

No worries El. Tanya may I speak with you a sec? Sure El gave them privacy waiting in the hall.

Does he know? Not yet he is here to work. We were all here to work the only one still working is you.

Hehe that's because there is no place here for me I'm not intrested. You should tell him Tee you don't want him freaking out like Scott.

Tell him on his first day of work? So he doesn't come back and Nina fires me? No way buddy I got two kid's to feed. Okay it's your call Tee.

She reached up kissing Apollo I love you are you coming this weekend? Of course have you been looking at the house's I sent? Yes baby I have. We discussed this Tee from the second I saw you you had me at hello this is the first step in spending our lives together.

I get my PHD in physical therapy in six month's and I've already spoke with Methodist Hospital they are going to hire me after my internship.

Please baby pick a house any damn house get the kids to help choose. Hhehe okay Apollo why did your mama name you that anyway?

Because I'm a Black God Tanya. Yes you are daddy. Go slapping her hip's playfully.

Come on you have work to start El.