One Time Offer

Chapter 30

What you got for me baby? What you want the good news or bad news first Lucas?

Good news baby. Samantha's killer shot the person who gave you this bullet same gun same ballistic match. The bullet's in Sam are the same as the one you sent me. 

The blood on Adonis' shirt sleeve is a direct match to a diplomat's son which puts him in the house the night Adonis was shot.

NO! Yes Lucas I checked the DNA on file it came back a hit for the United Kingdom London Chapter United Nation's Diplomatic House.

You gotta be fucking kidding me so what your saying is--

The blood match has diplomatic immunity he walks on everything unless-

He cooperates. Exactly. He's a male and he's of African American decent. So he's a black man? Yes sir.

Did Adonis have finger print's or bruised skin Lucas? Not sure why? Sam had a struggle the fool layed his hand's on her she bruised easy I called the coroner. They have picture's of her bruises see if they match the victim in the hospital same print's same killer. 

If they put Adonis in a dumpster they dragged him Crimson. You sure you're not a cop lady? I should be with all you detective's harassing me all day. Yeah but I'm  your favorite kissing her lips. Get out of here fine negro.
Crimson laughed I'll call you baby. I won't hold my breath boy.

El's bell was being leaned on HOLD YOUR HORSES DAMN! He snatched the door open aggravated Crimson invited himself in. Come in detective?

El escorted him to the kitchen they sat at the table coffee Detective? Okay. El handed him a hot mug of joe sitting. What's up Crimson?

You remember me I'm flattered. I did my research. Good Kalel then you know I solve 98% of my cases.

Except who killed you mother yes I do and I'm sorry for your loss Detective I truly am. Where are your parents? How can a kid like you afford a house like this?

Dead world trade center tower two my father left tower four went up to get my mother they never made it out. Their bodies were recovered thank God they were holding one another. They were locked the coroner said he had to break their arm's to get them apart.

El wiped his eyes I'm sorry man. Tell me detective does the loss of parents get easier as time goes by? No you never stop missing them but pain turns into celebration of thier lives and how you do that kid is with every vad memory your mind makes you recall you close the memory with a good one force your mind to do that. In time the bad memories become shorter and the good ones take over.

Thank you Crimson what can I do for you? He slapped a file on the table El didn't move.

That's proof you worked for Nina. I did work for her tending bar that's no secret.

He showed El pictures of him with Lisa and other women do I need to give you my lawyer's number?

Prostitution is against the law Kalel. Then run me in on a prostitution charge if you are so sure of yourself Crimson.

So you can loose your custody battle boy? Yeah I did my homework too do you know what people in the foster care system will do with a wide eyed innocent girl like Amanda?

Kalel smiled sipping his coffee I haven't heard what you want Crimson. What the fuck went on in Nina's house Kalel? What happened to Rose Conway? Were you there the night she was killed? Who is the killer El? Speak now because when this house of card's fall you want to be on the side walk watching not under it.

If I knew anyone killed a woman why would I go back to work? You did you research then you know I come from good parent's.

Crimson smiled Kalel your grandfather was one of the biggest hustler's in crown heights and so was his father. You are hustler royalty boy or ain't your daddy never explained that?

Bootleggers and a drug connect ya daddy was too good to sell but he was the plug.

This house was built on male hustler's and if you think for one minute that I don't know you ain't in these street's making your bones in some capacity or another then you're highly mistaken boy.

This is a one time offer get out before I destroy you Kalel. Kalel sipped his coffee smiling smug.

Have a good day Detective.