Hollings Robinson & Jackson

Chapter 12

Kalel got up early catching an Euber to Manhattan. When he arrived the building was posh he signed in taking the elevator to the 60th floor.

The higher the elevator went the more nervous be became his father said the higher you go your price climbs with it.

He stepped off the elevator directly into the attorneys office he looked to the wall.

The Law Offices of Robinson Hollings and Jackson.

The view was stunning he was swept away you could see all of central park the entire thing.

Mr. Quinn? Yes ma'am? Right this way please.

Kalel walked in the posh office smiling at the 360 view. All four wall's glass.

He looked harder there was a glass clear patio if you sat on it you could see the ground beneath you.

Mr. Quinn thank you for coming in my name is Micah Hollings how can I assist you?

El explained to Micah everything. My partner is the family court man. He has extensive ties in the court's and a lot of connection's we can use.

I'll call him in so you can relay to him what you explained to me see if he'll take your case.

Thank you sir--

Micah call me Micah.

Micah how much do you charge? Well we start at $500 per hour with a down payment of $30k to start.

Micah had the $30,000 in his bag, however El we have a pro-bono program.

We have a private donor who pay's the bill for our pro bono cases.

He must be a nice person Micah. She..is a nice person Micah smiled thinking of his mother.

Jackie this is Kalel. Call me El please. Jackie put out his hand for El to shake come on back with me to my office. It's not as nice as my brother's Micah grinned at El but it will due.

El walked back with Jackie explaining the situation in it's entirety.

I can and will take your case El what judge did you say you had? Judge Cardinal Jackie.

She is a good judge fair to black people because she is black and grew up in our neighborhoods.

Our? No offense Jackie but you look like you never came from a bad area. Jackie smiled sipping coffee. I'm Brownsville Brooklyn born and raised.

Kalel grinned okay I see you boss. I'll stop whatever the state has started because it's illegal. You do have eighteen months and even then the court is not inclined to remove Amanda from her brother.

Kalel handed Jackie the profile folder kissy created for him. Jackie read it looking up at El impressed with a mix of shock.

All this since your parent's passed? Yes sir I get my grades Friday I can also supply those to you.

These letter's are impressive a chess master huh? I'm not too sure about that one.

Kalel smiled, Micah come he called on the phone Jackie walked El to the chess board in his office.

Jackie grinned whem Micah walked in shh don't tell him what you can do he swears he is better then everyone because of who taught him.

Who taught him? Someone who beat Bobby Fisher several times. El's jaw dropped.

Micah walked in smiling you want me to make this quick or slow El? Jackie grinned no matter sir.

With three moves Micah had a seat and in six he was beaten for the first time since he was ten.

Jackie laughed and text on his phone that Micah lost a chess game to a eighteen year old kid.

What's the skinny kid? Huh? How'd you win? I'm almost a a chess master. I go to compete in a few month's.

Good luck man I mean that. Thank you Micah.

El almost forgot he had that party to go to on long island with Kissy. She called him and text asking were they still going.

Hello Kissy. How did it go El are they taking your case? Yes ma'am pro bono. Pro bono! What a blessing El oh my god that is so good baby!

I was calling to see if you wanted to go to the party on the beach still.

It's a beach party? On a Thursday night? We are in college now El what's a school night don't worry it will be fun. Oh bring some money.

Why Kissy? It's a surprise i would pay for us but--

I wouldn't dream of it Kissy. If i didn't tell you about the money part--

I'd be upset. That's right El.
I'll pick you up tonight seven thirty?

That's fine its an hour's ride to freeport El.

Not the way I drive it's not. Hehe no way drive safe I want to see nineteen El.

See you soon bae. See you soon El.

El arrived home to a package on his door step. He took the box inside opening it.

It was a watch an expensive watch a George Hamilton to be exact.

El looked at the inscription to my forever love. He looked up the price online $9,500. El dropped the box when he saw the price tag.

Only one store sold it in all of New York El was going to find out who this is and break all ties with any appointments they may have.

He didn't like the unprofessionalism and how did they fund out where he was living?

El snapped the crocodile leather box shut upset the watch made it's way to him.

He wrote the address of the store down placing the box in top of it.

He closed his father's double office doors running upstairs in his brownstone duplex to shit shower and shave and line himself up.

El tossed on a new collection called the Pharoah's black line which he loved. The clothes were modern chic and most of all young looking without looking to street or cheap.

He adorned his gold chain with the globe on the end a gift he found from his father to be given to him on his eighteenth birthday.

The card simply read the world is your's my sun.

El clutched the thirty inch bismark italian link chain as it was the last gift his father ever gave him.

El pulled up to kissy's house of course he rang the bell as a respectable young man should dating a lady he really likes.

Kissy's dad answered the door please come in El kissy will be down with her mom in a moment you know how women can be.

So I hear your going to states for chess? Yes sir they discussed his chess master plan's and how eventually he would go to the Olympics to represent the United States.

Kissy walked down the wide steps El and her dad stood smiling you look beautiful Kissy.

Thank you El kissing his cheek taking the roses. These are beautiful let me put them in water before we go El?

I'll do it kissy's mother walked in the room.

Her mother paused hi I'm Kissy's mom Renee you must me Kalel. She smiled nervously as El pushed his hand to shake her's.

Pleasure to meet you kissy are you ready? Yes El. The couple walked to the door her mother  intentionally avoiding eye contact.

My mom was acting off El I'm sorry about that ever since my aunt Lisa was murdered she has been nervous whenever I go out with a man.

Lisa? Yes my aunt I told you remember El? Yes baby I recall.

El thought of Lisa with the tight pussy ashamed it was Kissy's mother.