Voice of Reason

Chapter 9

Amanda cried holding onto her brother and lulu for dear life. It's okay bug Kalel didn't cry he was strong for his sister I'll see you this week at our visit and in two weekends here.

Will you be here kissy? Looking to her with teary eyes catching her off guard. Kissy looked to El for her answer he shook his head yes smiling. Yes ma'am she replied playfully and I'll bring this bad little boy to sleep with you again.

Next time we can take him to the dog park would you like that Amands? Yes kissy. Listen to me she bent to her level you have to stop crying listen to lulu growl because dog's can sense upset and when the case worker walks in.. Kissy made a funny face he may bite her in the butt! Hehehe the three of them laughed.

Wipe those teats before she writes a lie saying she came to get you and you were visibly upset trying to blame El.

Kissy took out a tissue here come on where is that bad girl fake smile we practiced. They did the smile together no no I don't like that one if you're gonna be president of our girl crew we are forming you have to master the plastic fakeness come on one more time.

Amanda smiled convincingly! She and El clapped and kissed her. Finally I was beginning to think you were ignoring me sheesh.

The case worker came how was your visit Amanda? Splendid! Simply breath taking! The case worker smiled oh alright giggling to herself. See you Thursday El? Sure will one clock.

They hugged and kissed her once more I'll call you she whispered hugging him.

I had a good weekend El thanks for having me Kissy looked up to a 6 foot 3 mahogany god staring down at her. I was haappy to have you he looked away shyly.

You can leave your nightgown in the guess room and bring some clothes in case you spend a night when Amanda is here I mean.

I already packed it El but I'll bring it back along with some other items.

She hugged him everything is going to work out and be fine. The apartment's are almost done so money won't be an issue and you have your parents inheritance.

Im thinking we put together a financial portfolio and your online school schedule, we can also include your employment stubs for a judge to review with a letter we write to the court El. 

We can do that kissy? Yes and I think since you have money now you need to get a lawyer. Why bae?

Kissy was close to El smiling at bae. I don't trust the state El you never know what they are trying to do behind your back.

Adoption's and babies are alway's big business just because you gave it a intergovernmental name like Bureau of Child Welfare does not mean that on the low they aren't baby broker's. 

Amanda comes from a good home no psychiatric history and she's kind and sweet.

I'm not saying they are trying anything but we can never be too sure El.

What are you thinking Kissy? I'll search some attorney's ask around and you do the same we will reconvene to discuss pricing versus reputation.

In fact El I have a open house around the corner from the family court.

I'll walk over there to see if someone can reccomend someone good?

Sound's good Kissy thank you for all your help. El stood there staring into her eye's.

She gazed into his. BEEP BEEP! There's your cab bae El kissed her forehead and hand. Call me when you're home out this rain Kissy.

Ok El he walked her to the cab under his umbrella tapping the car when she was in safe she waved bye to him as the car pulled off.