Bankrupt

Chapter 20

Kalel got home going to his basement he rolled a cement wall back revealing a room behind it. Built  by his grandfather as a hiding room for he and his grandmother during the prohibition to hide from police if he were raided for selling alcohol.

He flipped the light after rolling back the steel door make shift book shelf.

Kalel had all Nina's records  financial and her customer's dirty little secret's. In truth she had no idea exactly what he had, and for that she'd better not press him.

He sat in the 1930 vintage office looking around there were flash light's, water, blanket's and canned good's and liquor for his parent's to pass the time laughing tipsy with one another.

El added camera's and a propane heater before his parent's passed.

He also added his favorite food item's and mattresses from the bedroom's when they got new ones.

There were three now he needed two staring at them recalling the night they stayed there when a tornado was in Brooklyn. The house shaking he was afraid they'd be swept up like Dorothy Gayle in the wizard of Oz El was five Amanda wasn't born.

El looked to the toy's and children's old book's in the corner one belonging to his grandfather as a child smiling at the memory of his mother reading to him vanishing his childish fears.

El inhaled soaking up the beautiful memory exhaling the harsh reality and dreadful memory of the double funeral of his beloved parent's.

El collected himself vowing to honor them and stop mourning. He placed six ledger's and a thick file of fifty manilla folder's in the room behind him.
closing the wall with a remote control.

El carried it with him upstair's when he reached the first floor Viktor was standing at his door in the rain.

He was peeking down Kalel's dark corridor through the glass payne's in the double door archway.

It was evident Viktor couldn't see El although he stood directly in front of him.

El recalled the black tint used for car's his father placed on the glass before his passing.

People couldn't see in but Kalel could clearly see them on his doorstep being fucking nosey.

El raised his father's sawed off shot gun walking to the door with it visible. Snatching the door open Viktor almost fell at Kalel's feet wet and cold.

What do you want nigga? Can I come in El? Me let a murderer in? You must think me fool, you're good where you are man what's up?

El pulled the hammer back on the sawed off shotgun real slow He held it up between the door's to the house so no one on the street below could see him holding it on Viktor.

You got some record's I need them back chap. You're not getting them that little stunt your bitch pulled showing up at my sister's court hearing sealed her fucking fate.

I warned her to stay out my personal life she crossed a line she won't come back from. Nina stay's away from mw...I do the same the record's remain a memory instead of a public reality.

Don't bother breaking in to search the house they aren't here El looked up to the camera pointing down at Viktor. They're every fucking where the house is riddled with them.

I hear you mate you know I warned old gal, I told her you were bad luck. A bad penny I said...I begged her to fire you.

You're the bad penny from where I sit you killed that women then disposed of the body and tried to hang that body on my neck.

Viktor smiled maniacally whistling as he eerily walked away in pouring  rain as if the sun were shining high in the sky.

El closed the door breathing laboured his hand's shaking a man had just come to kill him the realization making his knees betray his weight.

El pulled the detective's businedd card off the radiator staring at it over a cup of coffee trying to decide if he should call them or not when Lisa called.

Hello? Hi El don't hang up Nina said you don't work there anymore is that so? I guess not he scoffed.

I was thinking there's a condo I'm renting short term in cadman plaza not far from you. How about you bring your client's there most of them go to you now any way. The one's that haven't want to it was Nina making them stay with the other guy's out of loyalty.

You think so Lisa? Heck yeah I can even help you set up an s-corp. It's a three bedroom in case you want to get add partners to split the bill.

It has a bar a patio and a hot tub on the patio. There's a sauna inside the shower I'll send you photo's.

What about customer's Lisa? Who do you think got her all those customer's? Those are client's I've transacted real estate deal's over two decade's here in the city. 

In fact there is a Networking event attend annually. It's an all women conference but what's understood does not need to be explained you can attend the after party.

It's a black and white formal affair get a tux I sent the name of my tailor.

Get a swipe dot for your phone its more discrete give yourself a female name so when your information register's it will be under the name of a woman maintaining privacy.

Thank you Lisa. Oh it's not free El a dominant session will be my payment agreed.

He smiled agreed. All that I did won't happen again I swear El. It better not woman. Hehe goodnight El. Goodnight Lisa.

El called Scott he knew he was Nina's main earner.

What's up Scott hey man what's up? Branching out brother downtown Brooklyn five minutes from Nina sent you  picture's of the place a two bedroom.

I was thinking your very own red room. Yeah what's my split?

Split? No Scott you keep your money just split the rental cost with me.

100% El? Yeah what does Nina pay? That tite wod gives me 50% of earrning's.

Nina use to keep half my tip's till I stopped her greedy ass El.

What do say you brother are we in business together? She will loose 80% of her earnings if I walk El.

How do you know that man? She told me hell you're pulling more then Vik you're pulling 75%. Women are falling back from Viktor too arrogant.

So what's it gonna be Scott are we bankrupting this bitch?

Hell yeah.