Background

Sophia Hemmings is 14 years old. She was living with her brother, Ben, but he isn't able to give her the attention she needs since he is busy with his own family. So she is now living with her brother, Luke, and his girlfriend, Sierra. Sophia adores Sierra and sees her as an older sister. The reason Sophia doesn't live with her parents anymore is that a year ago her mother passed away from cancer and ever since then her dad hasn't been in the right headspace. He basically just checked out and wasn't taking care of Sophia like he was supposed to so Ben had to step up. 

Luke is a Pediatric Emergency Physician at the local children's hospital with his best friends, Michael Clifford who is a Pediatric Oncologist, Ashton Irwin who is a Child Psychologist, and Calum Hood who is a Pediatric hospitalist. Sierra also works there as a Child Life Specialist and Michael Clifford's wife is a Pediatric Nurse. 

The terms: 

- A Pediatric Emergency Physician is a specialist in the care of children and teens who are acutely ill or injured. 

- A Pediatric Oncologist is a physician who has special training and experience to diagnose and treat blood disorders and cancers in children, teens, and young adults.

- A Child Psychologists assess and treat children and adolescents. They help children cope with stresses like divorce, death, and family or school transitions. Their clientele may include children with a variety of developmental issues, from learning disabilities to severe mental illness. 

- A Pediatric Hospitalists are pediatricians who work primarily in hospitals.

- A Child Life Specialist is responsible for assisting children and their families with understanding the child's diagnosis and treatment plan. 

- A Pediatric Nurse is responsible for taking patients' vital signs, providing basic care to patients.

The Main Characters Ages: 

Sophia Hemmings- 14. Freshman in highschool.

Luke Hemmings- 25. Pediatric Emergency Physician.

Michael Clifford- 27. Pediatric Oncologist.

Calum Hood- 28. Pediatric Hospitalists.

Ashton Irwin- 28. Child Psychologist.

Sierra Deaton- 26. Child Life Specialist. 

Crystal Clifford- 28. Pediatric Nurse.