Chapter one Carmella

Authors note: 

Hello Lovelies, welcome to my book, if any of you are coming from my TikTok, I am sad to say a few of the scenes I made edits for will not be provided in this story.

Anyways, that's all.

~Lots of Love, Bridge<3

---

I like Royal just about as much as I like Lobster. Let me give you some background info so you can make your own opinion.

---

For weeks I'd been trying to figure out what to do for summer when I came across lake houses for rent. It was in a little nowhere town where I could just relax and enjoy three months by myself. So I immediately booked the house for the three months, packed a bag, hopped on a plane and I was there.

It is gorgeous, I have a beautiful view of the freshwater. There are a few houses nearby but there is one that is close, barely two feet apart. And it doesn't help that he's hot.  But that all went away when I realized how rude he was.

The second I arrived I brought Waverley into the house, put my bikini on, and headed to the water. It's the middle of the day so obviously, there are tons of people, must be everyone from the town. I laid out my beach towel, placed down my sunglasses and spray bottle sunscreen, and skipped towards the water. I know I probably look like a two-year-old but who's watching me? No one, exactly my point. Once my feet hit the water I was immediately relaxed, the water has always been my happy place. The water was a good contrast from the burning sun. I walk into my waist and then crouch down so my shoulders are below the water.

I made sure to be a good distance from the townspeople, just so I could people-watch. An elderly couple is sitting on the shore smiling watching some toddlers run around. So maybe grandparents. There's a teenage group of friends, a total of six, three boys and three girls. Some couples in there. There's another couple around my age splashing in the water. The man hugs the female around her waist and lifts her as she laughs uncontrollably. This is all making me depressed. I turn my back to the joyful town. To come face to face with a man. Well, face-to-face is a bit extreme, more like a few feet apart but still close for someone I have never met in my life. He looks like he's scolding me.

    "Can I help you?"

    "Who are you?"

    "What does it matter? Do you want my number or something?"

    "Just making sure you're not a stalker, don't flatter yourself."

    "Well, I'm not so that clears that up." The nerve of this guy. Like oh, mister hot and serious sorry for thinking you might want to have sex with someone to get all the tightness out. Jeez, he looks like a statue.

    "I'd still like a name. In case someone goes missing I can give the police a lead."

    I truly can not tell if he's joking or not.

    "Haha, very funny," I say narrowing my eyes.

    "Name please."

    "I think I'll pass."

    "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

    "Ah, the good ole I'll show you mine if you show me yours." I must say I am very curious as to what name this pretentious ass could have.

"I'll bite, but I want your name first so you don't screw me over."

    "And how do I know you won't screw me over?"

    "Just have to take my word."

    "My name is Royal Ross Temples, call me Roy though." He smiles the fakest smile ever. Of course, he'd have a name like Royal, he probably thinks he's entitled with a name like that. Actually from what I've seen of him he definitely does.

    "Carmella Blair Howard. Call me Carmel."

    "Ok, then it was horrible to meet you Apple."

    "Wow, so original, Apple, like Caramel Apple. I'm proud your teenie weenie brain could come up with such a thing."

    "Think what you'd like but this 'teenie weenie' brain can come up with a lot of things." He says walking backward keeping eye contact with me. Did he just flirt? No way he told me not to flatter myself now he's flirting? He turns around and I get an eye full of the most magnificent back I've ever seen. Pure muscle.

"See ya around Apple."