Chapter nineteen Royal

I made the biggest mistake of my life. I know it wasn't right to call her a heartless bitch when I know she is absolutely not.

"How bad did you fuck up?" Cole asks, taking a sip from his beer.

"Pretty fucking bad I'd say." Milo murmurs.

"Pretty fucking bad is right." I say lifting my beer up in a toast.

"Come on man you gotta tell us what went down so we can decide whether or not she's ever going to talk to you again."

"We were talking about my dad."

"Damn she already has you talking about him, took me like five years to get that story." Milo says.

"Yeah well guess I should have waited. I told her about Donna and how she watches him and how I sometimes ask her how he's doing. Told her we haven't talked in years, then she asked if I still cared about him and I was just like duh. She then said something like 'if you care about he cares about you'. And um that's when things went downhill. I said I hated him. She said if she hated her dad as much as I hate mine then she'd throw him under a bus." I pause not wanting to say.

"And then...." Cole says.

"And then I sort of called her a heartless bitch." I say wincing at my own words.

"Shit man." Milo says laughing.

"You're never getting talked to again." Cole says through his laughs.

"You guys are not helping." I groan, dragging a hand down my face.

"What, you want to go get shit faced or something tonight?"

"Millys is opened till midnight tonight."

"You say that like we haven't also lived here our entire lives."

"So getting shit faced tonight?"

"Yeah, who's the driver?"

"Me you dumbass, i'm not allowed to get obliterated anymore because of the last incident." Cole says.

"Wife really doesn't want you to go into the holding cell anymore uh?"

"Dumbass." Cole mutters under his breath.

Seven hours later we're all in the convertible heading to Millys, the only bar in town. The tops down so the wind blows wildly around. Music blasting so you can hear it over the wind. Five minutes later we're parked on the side of the crub and heading in.

Millys is booming tonight. The full circle bar in the middle is packed and so are most of the seats inside.

"Heya fellas!" Milly chimes in her southern accent.

"Hey Mills. Where would you like us to sit?"

"Oh don't be silly you just sit wherever you like hon. I'll have Grace come take your orders in a second. I assume bud lights for all."

"For now." I whisper.

"What was that?" Mills asks.

"Yes, that would be delightful, thank you."

"Go shoo get your seats I'll send her out in a minute with the drinks." she says, swatting us away. We walk outside and take our seats. All the tables have The Peg Game on them. So I immediately steal the one from our table before Milo or Cole can.

"You sick fuck. Give me that." Milo says.

"I got it first."

"I called dibs in the car!"

"Minor facts."

"Dibs win."

"Nope, I got it first that overrides everything."

"Liar."

I set the game on the table and start jumping one peg over the other.

"Did you know there are seven thousand ways to win?" Grace says setting the drinks down.

"I think I've been told that once or twice." I say looking at the fimalar fetchers of Milos cousin.

"What can I get y'all?"

"I'll have the boneless bbq chicken. With a glass of water and a few shots of vodka. Please and thank you." I say smiling up at Grace. Cole got a small pizza and mozzarella sticks. And Milo got fried pickles, and shrimp. Then we all got a large fry to share.

Two hours ago I probably should have left. The second I saw her come in should have been my warning to get the fuck out before I get the fucked up. But I didn't. I've only had three shots but they've already gotten to me.

"Man, I feel gggggreat." I say throwing my arm over Cole's shoulder.

"Look how pretty she is." I whisper, staring at the most magical beast I've ever seen.

"Yeah bud and she's pissed at you." Cole says, patting my chest.

"How do you know?"

"Cause she wouldn't be staring at you while grinding her ass into some man's pelvis if she wasn't."

"She's what-" I slowly look down and she is definitely grinding alright.

"Get me five more shots."

"Yessir." Cole says with a fake salute.

Man I'm fuckkking wasted. Haha, wasted, waaasted, wwwasted, wasssssted. Such a funny word.