five | flirty, conceited jerk

"Okay wait," I said, stopping my boss in the hallway leading to the exit of the building and turning around to face him

"Okay wait," I said, stopping my boss in the hallway leading to the exit of the building and turning around to face him. "I lied."

He raised a brow at me, crossing his arms, his muscles flexing at the movement. "So you really wore makeup to seduce me today, didn't you?"

I would love to throw something sharp at his head and watch the blood flow out, taking away the cockiness he retained with them.

Before I could reply to his sarcasm, an employee walked by, her gaze bouncing between the two of us and the three feet of air between us before she trailed her gaze on my boss's and flirtatiously smiled at him. I scoffed, the urge to wipe that smile off of her face riddling my blood, and turned around walking towards the door, not looking back to check whether he was following me or not.

Maybe the cockiness wasn't in his blood, afterall. All these stupid female worshipped his six-two figure, his sharp, razor jawline and the way he carried his suits like he was a God.

I'd sat in the canteens with Lily multiple times to have heard various stories about what women thought of my boss but the most hilarious one was a women claiming to nearly orgasm at the sight of his laugh. Lily and I had gagged and cringed so bad, our lunches almost came up and we had to skip the rest of it.

"Vienn, careful." My head snapped at Sul's voice, instantly realising I was out of the building and onto the main street. My head whipped to the right, watching a car drive my way. My instinct worked fast and I quickly took a couple steps back, smashing straight into a hard chest, his hands coming upto my shoulder to keep me in place while I let the car pass. Uh-oh.

"I'm really having problems here believing you're not dolled up to seduce me when you're in my arms like that," he muttered huskily, his mouth on my ear. My toes curled at the proximity, goosebumps breaking on my arms because of his godforsaken, sexy drawl.

Breaking out my reverie, I looked at him over my shoulder, his lips rising into a sly smirk, noticing my red, flushed cheeks. His expression instantly turned into a frown, his forehead creasing in pain as I pushed my elbow into his abdomen abruptly due to which his grip loosened on my shoulder and I walked ahead, crossing the road to my friend, Sully.

Archer's amused chuckle was carried away by the wind and only the soft crunch of his shoes hitting a twig on the road evidenced him following me. I was so enthralled by his presence and the heat radiating off of him that it confused me. I didn't like him, hell I even claimed to hate him when we first met, during my interview, but seeing him like that everyday, watching him morph from a broody, evilman to a flirty, conceited jerk played with my mind.

I reached Sully just in time for him to open his arms and engulf me in a giant, comforting bear hug. He ruffled my hair playfully and I shoved his shoulder before embracing him again, the warmth of his hug taking me back to school times when we used to sit in the library for hours annotating our favorite books or sneaking out of our houses at midnight to check out the night-cafe and drinking hot chocolate under the moon.