nineteen | go big or go home

AN : hello!!! pls vote and comment<3

I didn't know how to feel about Kyst knowing one of the most painful experiences of my life

I didn't know how to feel about Kyst knowing one of the most painful experiences of my life. Granted he had no idea what actually went down between Bernard and me, just knowing that he knew Bernard had hurt me and he cared enough about me to let go of the deal he'd been behind for months made me want to cry.

My own parents didn't care enough about me during my downfall and usually left me alone in our used-to-be huge ass mansion while they faced the repurcussions of our company facing bankruptcy because of my "carelessness".

As if I asked for Bernard to use me. As if I told him to pretend to be in love with me just to get intel about what new projects my dad was overtaking for our company. As if I begged for him to get me under his sheets and have me so lost in himself that I'd forget myself and tell him all the secrets I knew. As if I forced him to fucking use me.

I was fifteen. A fifteen year old girl who had the biggest crush on this guy with ruffled brown hair and deep dark eyes with the most adorable smile who broke her heart after one of the most special nights of her lives and my parents cared more about their fucking company than comforting their own daughter.

As soon as I had turned seventeen, I had gotten a job as a waitress at a nearby diner and at a library where I made enough money for me to move out and rent a small room for myself. By this point, I had already changed my school and not because I was heartbroken and felt suffocated every time I walked through the walls of my old middle-school but because my dad was embarrassed that he had a daughter like me who couldn't shut up and zip up his secrets to herself.

I had already met Sully at my new school and he had been the one to introduce me to Jenny who had offered me a room, indirectly taking me into her wing and moulding herself to be the mother figure I never had but so desperately needed.

Sully saw me. Jenny saw me. And not as a disappointment or as an embarrassment, but they saw me for a teen who had her heart broken by a boy and had been neglected by the two people who should've been her pillars. And they gave me love. They respected me and taught me how to smile. They brought me back to my feet.

Nobody other than Sully and Jenny, and then eventually Savannah had ever made an effort to see me for me and still had been ready to be with me and sacrifice for me.

Until Kyst.

Now that he knew that there was something wrong between me and Bernard, he not only broke off the deal with him but also whisked me off my feet into the clouds of serenity with his words.

Because it includes you. His words reverberated from the four walls surrounding me. I was in my room at Kyst's penthouse, getting ready for the shopping trip with Savannah and then the dinner night with her and Sully and Kyst.

When Kyst so directly told me that I was more important to him than his deal he had been after for months, I had been giddy and glad and warmth had exploded in my stomach at the thought of being important, indispensable, to someone.