forty five | feel

AN: ... (smut)

My heart was beating out of my chest, craving and dying for him, for his touch, for his words, for his love

My heart was beating out of my chest, craving and dying for him, for his touch, for his words, for his love. I’d thought he might not want me anymore once he found about the deal being fake but I’d been a fool, hadn’t I? I was fighting him for the wrong reasons, for the fake reasons.

This man was Kyst Archer. And he’d made it clear on so many accounts, reassured me so many times that there was only one person for him: me. I had my answers right in front of my eyes for all these months. Why would Kyst work so damn hard to win me back if he hadn’t loved me? If he had only been with me because of the deal, he’d have left me to deal with my own when I had been kidnapped and never got himself interfered.

But he did. He saved me and gave my life back to me. There was nothing I needed more than him. And there was nothing I needed right now more than to show him how much he meant to me. How much I trusted him. How much I loved him.

But before I could, my eyes trailed onto my mother who was sitting on the sofa, lightly dabbing her eyes. My heart ached for her as well. She suffered because of his arrogance and cunning ways too, maybe even more than me. And yet, I couldn’t discount her for all the ill feelings she put me through either. I still remembered the day of my interview, when she had made sarcastic remarks about my love life. I didn’t know if it was because of James that she had talked to me that way or if she had genuinely felt it in that time that I needed to hear that but either ways, that had hurt me.

Kyst must have followed my gaze because he intertwined his fingers with mine and brought them to his lips, kissing each of my knuckles softly. He lifted his lashes up at me, looking extremely breathtaking with his blue eyes scrutinizing my face as he asked, “Do you wanna talk to her now?”

I knew he was talking about my mother but all I could focus on was the deep, husky timbre of his voice as he held my fingers in his palm, delicately brushing his soft lips over the skin of my fingers, skirting around our wedding ring I wore. I shook my head because I could feel my blood thrumming in my veins and the heartbeat pulsing between my legs. I didn’t need anyone right now. Only him. Just him.

“Kyst—”

“I think we’ll leave now?” Trevor interrupted my broken whisper as Kyst slowly brought our intertwined fingers from his lips back to his lap, still holding me close. “I’ll take Abby back to our home until everything with the divorce is settled and she can claim the apartment they lived in as hers since more than half the money was her father’s. If you need anything, feel free to contact us, okay?”

I nodded at Trevor, grateful for his help and then looked at my mother who had a soft glow in her eyes, making her look ten years younger than she actually was. Getting up, I walked towards her and wrapped her up in a hug, pressing my cheek to her shoulder as she held me close. “I’m sorry for everything, Vienna. Thank you for still accepting me.” With that, she stepped away from me and after Trevor dropped a kiss on my forehead and bade Kyst and I a goodbye, they were out of our penthouse in a minute.