twenty | the double date

AN : vote and comment please!

"Hey, what happened to that dress you were looking at?" Savannah nudged me as we got into the cab

"What dress?" I furrowed my brows just as my phone dinged with a new text.

Kyst : we're getting to the restaurant in about five minutes. Sully is killing me with his stupid jokes. come soon;)

My cheeks heated as I typed back.

Me : we're in the cab. be there in ten. thank you for bearing with him.

Kyst : by this point you should already know that I'd bear just about anything for you, Vi darling.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. What was with this man? Texting things like these when he wasn't in my vicinity for me to attack him with hugs and kisses.

"Hey," Savannah nudged me with her elbow, bringing me out of my trance. "What's got you all blushing?"

My eyes widened and I quickly shoved my phone inside my purse, pressing the back of my palms to my cheeks and exhaling through my mouth to keep myself cool. "Nothing," I laughed awkwardly. "What- uh what were we talking about?"

Savannah's smile was all-knowing and smug as she coyly raised a shoulder. "Oh just the fact that Kyst's got you all red in a matter of five seconds, that's all."

"Savannah," I scolded, my cheeks scorching red at the continuous Kyst mantra she was ranting.

The entire ride from the mall to the restaurant was of almost twenty minutes and out of those twenty, Sav spent eighteen minutes drilling me about Kyst and teasing me with his name. The other two minutes she spent rejecting Sully's call who kept calling her, asking her where we were and why we hadn't reached there yet.

"Soooooo how does he kiss? Is he feisty? Dominant? Savage?" Sav giggled like a fifth grade kid, so excited and so curious.

Now how do I tell her that I haven't even kissed him yet? Yet. Because I was holding out hope for tonight. Kyst had confessed that this had never been fake for him and while it had started with the intention of being fake for me, there hadn't been a single moment I had actually wanted it to be.

I had been scared of rejection and rightly so because my past hadn't been all butterflies and shit, but if there was thing I knew for sure was that I was ready for a relationship. With Kyst. A real one.

Before I could answer Sav, the cab came to a halt and the driver told us that we had reached the destination. I stepped out from the same side as Savannah and had just opened my purse to pick out a few bills when a muscular arm came from around me and handed a ten dollar bill to the driver.

His scent filled my nostrills even before I sensed his presence at my back, all manly and built. He always smelt of fresh lime and something even more citrus-y, spicy; alluring and mysterious all at once.