seven | back to square one

AN : thankyou sooooo much marssss- for making these amazing character banners!!!! They are beautiful and i love them so much!!!

ps : these banners are🤌🤌🤌🤌

I woke up with a jerk, my phone vibrating somewhere on the bed and the alarm on it blaring

I woke up with a jerk, my phone vibrating somewhere on the bed and the alarm on it blaring. My head hurt like someone had pricked it with sharp needles and knifes. Groaning, I rolled on my bed, frantically searching for my phone and turning the stupid alarm on it off.

Inhaling, I sat up straighter and rested my back against my bed's headboard. Streaks of sunlight entered through the window and I could hear the birds singing softly just outside.

I usually loved mornings like these and had it not been for the blinding headache right now, I would've made myself coffee and stood by the window to enjoy the weather.

Just as fast as that thought came, it vanished faster as I pelted out of my bed and into the bathroom, the acidic taste of bile rushed up my throat and my mouth before I emptied it into the commode pot of my toilet.

Suddenly, a hand came up behind me, gathering my hair as I felt a hand rubbing my back comfortingly. "You stupid, stupid girl," Jenny's voice hit me first before she softly slapped the back of my head. "What did I tell you about drinking out of your capacity?"

Jenny had been more of a mother to me than my own had ever been, or could ever be. I had moved into this apartment when I had just turned twenty and had been working regular jobs : waitress at a bar and a hotel, tutoring two sixth graders and working at a library.

Jenny had taken me under her wing, showed me how the world worked, how I needed to save money to prosper. She'd wiped my tears after every harsh backlash from my parents and let my sleep in her lap until I felt better. She had always been the support, my backbone, I didn't think I needed.

So needless to say, as much as she took care of me, she also reprimanded me whenever she felt I'd gone off-track. "I'm sorry, Jen," I muttered, a laugh escaping my lips at how utterly pathetic my condition was.

Even though I'd made friends with the fact that my mother had never been there for when I needed her, not even when I had been suffering both mentally and physically, sometimes, during days like today, it actually stung harder than other days.

Jenny held my back to her chest and slowly helped me to my feet, urging me to the basin to rinse off. Once done, she led me into my bedroom and made me sit onto the bed.

That was when the actual sting in my head skyrocketed and I leaned back, cursing at the intensity of the burn frying my brain cells. How much had I had to drink yesterday?

My phone buzzed again and rubbing my head to sever the painful migraine into something a little more bearable for a while, I picked it up just to realise I'd snoozed my alarm earlier.