forty three | till death

TW: violence, mild mention of substance trading and human trafficking

AN: take a deep breath guys

The scream that tore from my throat was so loud, so horrific, I felt the land slip from beneath my feet

The scream that tore from my throat was so loud, so horrific, I felt the land slip from beneath my feet. Vienna crumbled to the ground just as the shot I fired hit the hand of the man behind her and the gun he was holding fell down onto the floor, sliding away from them.

He yelled loudly, my bullet piercing through the flesh of his wrist as blood dripped down and he clasped it with his other hand, wailing like a fucking kid. Bernard’s eyes snapped upto mine as I marched forward, my gun pointed at him. He shrieked in fear as Josh and three of my other men walked in, their stances wide and aura confident.

When I was infront of Bernard, who now looked on the verge of crying after seeing my large, burly men, I slammed the butt of my gun against the side of his forehead, rendering him unconscious in one fucking second. The pathetic bastard. At that, his companion cried louder and I slid my sharp gaze towards him, glaring. My anger was on the verge of exploding and if he didn't stop sobbing like a fucking kid while I cleaned up the mess that he created, I might fucking rip his tongue out and feed it to him.

They might have been fast in kidnapping my woman but I was faster in saving her. I’d sworn to love her till death and I would. There was no cheating death when it came but that time wasn't right now. Vienna and I, we had a long way to go. We'd only just overcome so many things in our life and I'd be damned if she gave up on me, on us, now.

I gestured Josh to grab both Bernard and his stupid accomplice as I dropped to my knees in front of Vienna, my heart beating wildly. Her hair had made a curtain over her face, hiding her tears as she lay there unconscious and scared. She had her right hand clasped tightly over her left hand, both of them pressed to her chest, right over her heart.

I pulled her limp body to my side, her head against my chest as I slipped her hair behind her ear. A growl ripped from my throat at the marks on her cheeks. Those fuckers dared touch her, my wife. Their death was going to be slow, so  torturous they'll wish they had never come in my way and messed with me.

The blood on her knuckles caught my attention and I picked her hand in mine, only to realise she had clutched her wedding band in a tight grip. Something twisted in my heart as she held onto that ring even in her unconsciousness. My anger was instantly doubled as my gaze wandered to the ropes lying by the chair, prickling needles sticking out.

My gut twisted. I should've been more careful. I should've given her security. I should've told her the truth about how I was destroying Bernard so she could've been aware and careful But fuck. . . . I knew Bernard was vile and had a strong sense of revenge but I hadn't thought him to be a pussy and go for someone who wasn't even aware of what was going on.

My jaw clenched. My heart thundered. And suddenly the door opened and Josh walked in. “The car is ready,” he said and I curtly nodded. Carefully picking Vienna up in my arms, I pressed my lips to her forehead.