twenty two | birthday surprises #2

AN: hey! if y'all are not kicking, screaming, blushing, yelling, by the end of this chapter, im clearly not a good writer and you need to drop this book ASAP. pls come back and tell me what you think and whether im a good writer or not. (hopefully, im)

My phone dinged with a new message

My phone dinged with a new message. It had been a while since Vienna and I came to the office, mutually deciding that whatever was going on between us was to be kept under wraps for a while, at least until we both figured out exactly what we were.

From the moment I stepped into my office building, I had been receiving birthday wishes from the employees and my phone had been blowing up with texts from my other relatives, some buddies from school and especially the paparazzi. It might not have seemed like it but being one of the youngest CEOs of such a huge company gained me more popularity than I liked.

My social media had hundreds of thousands of followers and everyday, there were various texts from different people, ranging from some asking me to follow them back or give them a shout out on my story to women sending me their pictures in lingerie, asking me for a night, which honestly was absolutely disgusting and I even considered putting my account to private but the PR team suggested it wouldn't be a good promoting scheme so we just stuck to disabling the DM option for anyone that I didn't follow.

The point of my monologue was that the only people that could contact me now were the paparazzi companies that had the company email or my family. My mom and dad knew better than anyone to not disturb me on a work day and were arranging a birthday party for me this weekend - which by the way they were thinking they were being secretive about. They weren't. Lily had already called early in the morning after my breakfast with Vienna and even wished me when I had entered the office.

So, when my phone vibrated on my work desk again, I picked it up just to see Sully's name flashing on my screen. I unlocked my phone and tilted my head to the side, surprised to find a hey and a picture of a floor-length dress.

Me: what's that?

Sully: a dress?

Me: I can see that. why are you sending this to me? I don't wear dresses.

Sully: uh what no- OH

Sully: would you look at that? Ha Ha. I was supposed to send this to Vienna.

Sully: oops. what a rookie mistake.

Me: no it wasn't. you sent this to me on purpose, didn't you? might as well tell me why you sent it to me.

And then, Sully sent me a three minute audio, explaining about how Sav made him do this. It was a dress that Vienna had really liked when they had gone shopping yesterday but hadn't bought it and made an excuse saying they didn't have it in her size, when really she just didn't want to spend that much money on a dress.