thirty four | a recipe for disaster

TW: SMUT (dirty, filthy)

if you don't like reading sexual scenes, you can skip that part accordingly. (you'll realise when it comes up so if you wish to not abandon this part, only ignore the smut)

Pair up everything that had happened in the past twenty four hours and you'd have your perfect recipe for “disaster

Pair up everything that had happened in the past twenty four hours and you'd have your perfect recipe for “disaster.” Vienna's dad had told me he'd wait for a while for me to tell her myself about the impending doom. And I wanted to tell her yesterday itself but then I took the coward's way out, got drunk at some stupid bar downtown and slept at my office.

I knew Vienna would be mad at me and rightfully so but what I hadn't expected was the fact that she'd dance with fucking Miller and not even look at me once. I had played into whatever game she'd wanted to play while letting her think that she had gotten to me, that she was taking her revenge by defying me and letting another man put his hands on her. On what's mine.

And it might have worked. I had been two seconds away from shredding fucking Miller to pieces and throwing his remains in a dumpground when Vienna's expression had hardened. I'd known something was wrong, had sensed it in the way her lower lip trembled and eyes watered.

I'd heard the ends of her conversation with Miller where he'd claimed to be Ken and Vienna had accused him of having a different name.

Ken. Ken. How couldn't I have joined the dots? I'd known Miller since I was fifteen by his fake, makeshift name which everyone else believed to be true. Even me up until a couple days ago.

Except my sister.

The day after my birthday celebration, she had burst into my office and we'd had a little fight about how I never discussed it with her before offering Miller shares to her project. And while I'd been wrong to not have asked her, I also hadn't understood what the big deal was since Miller was an extremely smart man, a cunning businessman and had always gotten what he had wanted.

But by the end of that conversation, both Lily and I had been at the end of our wits. I'd been tired and her? Well, she hadn't been well either.

So to an extent I'd known for a while that Miller was actually someone else but not in my wildest dreams could I have had guessed he was the same man who had helped my Vienna out and cherished her and supported her. Somewhere, somehow, it was Miller because of whom Vienna hadn't fallen into a dark pit during her dull times and while I was grateful to him for that, I still kinda wanted to ruin his pretty boy face for touching Vienna.

That fucker. He even had a sly smile on his face dancing with her as if it was his MO to piss me off.

Right now though, I was content because my girlfriend had her arms wrapped around my waist as we both sat side by side on the bench in the hotel's frontyard, her head on my chest and my arm around her shoulders. She had stopped crying a while ago but nervous shivers still wrecked her body.