thirty nine | healing together

AN: writing a chp has never felt so good.

There was a knock on my door. I groaned, rolling onto my sheets, searching for my phone. I pushed my hand under the pillow I was sleeping on and when I found my phone, I clicked the power button, turning it on.

The knock on my door turned into a full blown thudding. The screen on my phone illuminated. I squinted my eyes as I stared at the time in disbelief. Three in the morning. Why the fuck was Kyst knocking on my door so early?

It seemed oddly familiar since that one time he had come knocking on my door because of his panic attack due to the rain. Suddenly, I sat up straighter, straining my ears in case I heard any rain but when I realised it was nothing, I heaved a sigh.

My eyes started to droop again when another knock startled me and I flinched. Getting out of the bed, I lazily walked to the door, flinging it open and barking out a, “What!” The first thing that greeted me was Kyst’s amused chuckle as he sauntered into my room, all tall and dark and handsome, without a care in the world.

After he had sealed his promise of love with a kiss to me in the afternoon, we’d both decided we needed some space. It was clear as a fucking day we both loved each other to no extent, that we were sure we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, to have a family of our own but before that, we needed to ensure our boundaries.

He’d promised me he wouldn't lie to me anymore and that he would do anything and everything in his power to make me trust him again. I’d kissed him again when he’d said that. In return, he’d asked of me to be brave and independent. That was when I’d realised I’d been so dependent on Kyst, his care and his kindness that I’d lost myself in it.

We decided we would stay in the same house but sleep in different rooms to have our own space. I think this particular rule, us staying in different rooms was what irritated him the most. And I wasn't any better either. After we watched Disney movies the entire afternoon and then ordered dinner, we'd retired to bed and I’d tossed and turned for about an hour, missing his scent and his embrace, the warmth of his body wrapped around mine before the exhaustion of the day had taken a toll on me and slumber had pulled me down.

Until right now. I crossed my arms over my chest and pressed my back to the closed door, assessing Kyst walking and sitting on my bed. I raised a brow at him even though he couldn't see anything in the dark. “What are you doing here?” I asked again, yawning.

I needed to wake up early today because I had decided I was finally quiting my job at his company. I loved him and I loved the job I did but I wanted to do something for myself. I didn't know what I would do yet but I figured I could walk around the streets of New York, sit in a cafe and something would strike me. Right?

The lights of the room suddenly turned on and I grunted, pressing the heels of my palms to my eyes, rubbing them. “Ugh, you asshole!” I yelled, angry and sleepy and so damn tired.