thirteen | his (fake) girlfriend

AN : don't forget to vote and comment please!

Everything happened so quickly, I barely even had the time to understand and process it before the onslaught of Kyst's parents presented themselves before us

When I had called Kyst earlier, it was to make my intentions clear; that I wasn't looking to date him for real but I wanted him to be my fake boyfriend to Sully and Savannah's wedding as a payback for helping him out with Bernard.

I was foolish. Maybe even stupid. What was I thinking? Texting him like that with no explanation whatsoever?

When Kyst had gasped so loudly over the phone, all my resolve about the reason as to why I had called him was thrown out of the window. I wanted to know what had happened so suddenly in merely a couple seconds of me calling him that he was groaning and whimpering so loudly and then he had called for a doctor and I had panicked.

Not knowing what else to do, my best bet had been Lily since the many conversations that I had had with her in the past four months that I had known her gave me the impression that out of all the employees I knew at the office, Lily certainly knew more and would be able to help me out.

My heart had shattered when Lily had kept crying throughout our cab ride from my house when she had picked me up to here; Kyst Archer's penthouse. I had been befuddled, especially because Lily had never mentioned her relationship with any guy before and seeing her sobbing before me, continually asking me whether Kyst was okay or not had sunk my heart.

I had thought that her and Kyst had to have been in a relationship for Lily to exhibit such strong emotions for her boss. I had found it extremely disconcerting why Lily had encouraged my stupid decision of asking Kyst Archer to be my date if she already had been in some sort of relationship with him.

It had felt uncomfortable.

But now that I knew the reason as to why Lily had become so disturbed after I told her that Kyst was in agony and repeatedly called for a doctor, I felt betrayed for some reason.

Why had Lily never mentioned to me that Kyst was her brother? On multiple occasions we had talked about families. I had told her about mine; how I didn't have the best relation with my parents and how I was always afraid I was going to fail them, especially because of my past when I was the major factor for the bankruptcy of our well-established company.

I had expected Lily to tell me about her family; what they did, where they lived, but anytime I had asked a question, she had become awkward and changed the topic instantly, leaving me curious.

Lily had a way with her words. I had attempted about a hundred times to make her tell me about her family; give me some insight on what the people who had weilded such an amazing daughter looked like, felt like. But Lily had always been the smarter one amongst the two of us, seeing as to how she was able to keep in secrecy the fact that my boss— ever her own boss— was actually her brother.